Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

Has anyone found anything useful or pretty to do with those wood boxes that Clementines come in? I'm about to throw 2 away and thought there's got to be something to do with those.

NeeNoon from Quebec, Canada

Answers:

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

Maybe you can use it as a Easter center piece. Put the green Easter grass in and put maybe a little bunny or chick in the middle. Then put plastic eggs in it. Another idea would be to put you mail in it. You may even paint it and set a flowerpot in it. Well hope these help. (11/16/2007)

By guest

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I have painted them or glued Christmas wrapping paper on the ends with the printing and then put cookies in small cellophane bags and filled the crates with Christmas cookies for gifts. (11/16/2007)

By Kathy H.

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

Makes a great planter (and a good gift). A few years ago I bought a roll of 4 inch high "picket fencing" at a craft store and hot-glued it all around the sides. I put a plant in it and added dried moss to make it prettier. Depending on the size of the plant, you may be able to fit two or three smaller plants in it. (11/16/2007)

By Christine

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I use them for making Thanksgiving and Christmas fruit baskets. (11/18/2007)

By Betty

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I have painted them a pretty scarlet and piled them high with scented pine cones or painted hunter green and piled with red apples or red and green apples. (11/21/2007)

By Judy

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I turned one upside down, drilled several holes in the bottom, then painted it. I use this for storing assorted scissors, especially the fancy paper edging type. The size of the holes will depend on the size of your scissors. As an elementary school art teacher, I also use a box to store the safety scissors in the classroom. The kids can access them easily since the handles are sticking up. (11/22/2007)

By Patricia

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I fill them with greenery and plastic Christmas decorations and set at door way. I've also painted them and used them like a tray for gift giving. Enjoy. (11/23/2007)

By Darllene

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

It's not a craft, but I use mine to store some of my smaller tree decorations in and that box goes in the big box with all the rest. (11/26/2007)

By lavenderdeer

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

As a child with my mom, and now with my daughter, I make them into doll beds. Cover the bottom with a piece of felt and glue it down. Paint the sides or cover with paper. Add lace trim if desired. Perfect for small dolls. (11/26/2007)

By lemon floor wax

Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes

I use them as storage containers around the house. I use them in the kitchen cupboards, because they stack nicely: one for spice containers that don't fit in the spice rack, one for bags of rice, beans, etc. I also use one in the garage shelves to hold all the car-cleaning stuff, one on the shelf in the basement to hold the laundry stuff, etc. They're very handy. (11/20/2008)

By dandy rose

Clementines in wooden box against white background
Crafts Using Wooden Clementine Boxes
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄