Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

My boyfriend and I will be having our 5 year anniversary this September. I am usually very good at finding something to do for them, but I am stumped this year. I feel like I've done almost everything I could (ranging from clothes, pictures, gifts, and dinner, etc.).

Here's some background on us. We started dating our first year in HS. We became best friends, and have continued doing so for almost 5 years. We have never broken up, and we are great with each other. We look forward to getting married someday, but we're focusing on our education first, so it will be a couple of years.

He is into computers and games, but also very outdoorsy and fun. I don't want to get him anything computer related, because his standards tend to be a little expensive and it's not very romantic to me (and I've done so before). I want something different and more unexpected.

He doesn't have a real job (he works for himself doing computer jobs for friends/family/word of mouth), so it can't be related to work. We are only 20, so drinking is out. We also don't live together (we're with our parents) so the romantic naked stuff won't go well, ha-ha.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great. If you want any more info to help me out, just ask. My budget is sort of low, under 100$ would be nice, unless the idea is amazing.

By caleekay from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

A gift I gave my boyfriend at Christmas was supposed to just act as the card, but he said it was one of his favorite gifts ever.

I thought up a list of a bunch of different memories, then I made up a long, dorky poem about them. I just wrote two lines about each thing. And these were simple as "Whether it's fishing on the pier or enjoying some chicken and beer". Then I drew stick-figure people and had a picture of each memory to go along with the verse. The fact that it kind of rhymes most of the time and there are funny pictures made it work. And it will bring back lots of happy memories for you as you make it.

He read it with me and we were crying at the end because we were both laughing so hard.
He liked it and he is not the sensitive sort at all, he is very outdoorsy and macho. But it had him laughing.

Good luck. (08/06/2009)

By dorinmoz

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
25th Anniversary Gift
25th Anniversary Gift Ideas
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎉
🎄