Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

Category Anniversary
Marking anniversaries in a relationship is an important event. Choosing the exact gift can be difficult. This is a guide about creative anniversary gift for boyfriend.

I want to plan a special day/night for my boyfriend of a year. Our anniversary is coming up on the 12 November. I don't know what to get him as a gift or how to plan the day out. Any ideas?

By Meladee T. from Colby, KS

Answers

How old are you? You know him and the area you live better than we do.

You can make a small memory book with pictures from the last "how many" years. You can find small albums for not much money at most craft stores. You can also go on "Cheapcycle" (a Yahoo group) for your area and see if someone is selling a small memory book or album. Often you can find albums that are pre-decorated and all you have to do is put in the pictures. You can find some as small is 2x3 inches. Another idea would be a digital picture keychain, if you have pictures on your computer. They are not very expensive and sometimes you can find them in the Clearance aisle.

Sounds exactly like my bf! He's obsessed WOW, plays Playstation games, and loves Sweets and chocolate!

Our Two year anniversary is coming up soon, but I'm not sure what to get! I wanted to go away for a weekend, but he's Studying aeronautical engineering atm and its a time demanding course. Anyone got any ideas?

My boyfriend and I are rounding up to our 5-year anniversary and I'm coming up blank on gift ideas. I've always been really proud of my ability to nail the "perfect" gift for every occasion and get a fantastic reaction. I'm out of ideas and on a tight budget (we're both graduate students). We also live a few hundred miles apart (though we will be spending our anniversary weekend together). Ideas? Help! Please?

By Happy Girlfriend from Ithaca, NY

Answers:

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

How about a necklace with a locket containing a picture of you? (08/25/2010)

By Suntydt

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

If he has a vehicle, check his university for a license plate cover with the school's name. Not very romantic, but he'll like how clever you are! (08/27/2010)

By Robin

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

I Googled fifth anniversary symbols and got: "Wood, representing strength and a solidified relationship, and silverware, representing connectedness".

Does this help at all? You can probably think of lots of gifts incorporating one or both of these. A good second-hand store (in a high-end area) might have some neat wooden bowls (for his pocket change) for the bureau top. There must be some good gift stores in Ithaca. If you can afford hand-made gifts, check in the Yellow Pages under "craftsmen" or a similar heading. Good luck! (09/17/2010)

By Nancy in NC

My boyfriend and I are having a one year anniversary coming up. I am so stuck on what to get him. He's one of those people that's hard to get a gift for.

He's really into computers and video games and loves candy. He plays PS3 and WOW. I don't want to get him any video game stuff though. And I usually always get him a little candy each month.

I want to get him something small and meaningful. And also make him something. But I need your help.

By Marie from Salt Lake City, UT

Answers:

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

Since he loves candy (!), tape several different candy bars or packages to a small poster board. Next to each candy, write something that pertains to the candy and to how you feel about him:

Snickers - you always make me laugh
MandMs - your mmm wonderful
100 Grand - you mean more to me than 100 Grand, etc. (04/12/2010)

By Caseye

My boyfriend and I will be having our 5 year anniversary this September. I am usually very good at finding something to do for them, but I am stumped this year. I feel like I've done almost everything I could (ranging from clothes, pictures, gifts, and dinner, etc.).

Here's some background on us. We started dating our first year in HS. We became best friends, and have continued doing so for almost 5 years. We have never broken up, and we are great with each other. We look forward to getting married someday, but we're focusing on our education first, so it will be a couple of years.

He is into computers and games, but also very outdoorsy and fun. I don't want to get him anything computer related, because his standards tend to be a little expensive and it's not very romantic to me (and I've done so before). I want something different and more unexpected.

He doesn't have a real job (he works for himself doing computer jobs for friends/family/word of mouth), so it can't be related to work. We are only 20, so drinking is out. We also don't live together (we're with our parents) so the romantic naked stuff won't go well, ha-ha.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great. If you want any more info to help me out, just ask. My budget is sort of low, under 100$ would be nice, unless the idea is amazing.

By calee from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Creative Anniversary Gift for Boyfriend

A gift I gave my boyfriend at Christmas was supposed to just act as the card, but he said it was one of his favorite gifts ever.

I thought up a list of a bunch of different memories, then I made up a long, dorky poem about them. I just wrote two lines about each thing. And these were simple as "Whether it's fishing on the pier or enjoying some chicken and beer". Then I drew stick-figure people and had a picture of each memory to go along with the verse. The fact that it kind of rhymes most of the time and there are funny pictures made it work. And it will bring back lots of happy memories for you as you make it.

He read it with me and we were crying at the end because we were both laughing so hard.
He liked it and he is not the sensitive sort at all, he is very outdoorsy and macho. But it had him laughing.

Good luck. (08/06/2009)

By Dorin

I need a creative gift idea for my boyfriend. We have been going out for almost two years now and I need an anniversary gift.