Crocheted Dress for American Girl Doll
Make your own American Girl doll dress by crocheting it. This is a guide about making a crocheted dress for an American Girl doll
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This little dress will fit an American Girl Doll or any 18" doll remake. Put a smile on your favorite little girl's face and expand her baby's wardrobe! This project uses a simple double crochet stitch only and is suitable for beginners.
Total Time: Under 2 hours
- "I" crochet hook
- about 175 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 28.
- 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook and next 2, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch, 1 dc in each of the next 3 ch, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch, 1 dc in each of the next 9 ch, (dc, ch 2, dc) in the next ch, 1 dc in each of the next 3 ch, (dc, ch 2, dc) in the next ch, 1 dc in each of the last 4 ch.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 dc in each dc and ch 2 space until the end.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 dc in each of the next dc and 1 dc ONLY in the first ch 2 space. Ch 4, 1 dc in the next ch 2 space, **first armhole made**
Related Content(article continues below)
- Dc in each stitch until next ch 2 space, 1 dc in ch 2 space, ch 4, 1dc in last ch 2 space, 1 dc in each remaining dc.
- Ch 2 turn, 1 dc in each dc, and each ch of the armhole until end.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 dc in each dc until the end.
- Repeat last step 2 times more, but at the end of this row, you will join the dress in a circle. You will do this by joining with a slip stitch to the ch 2 from the beginning of this row.
- You will now be working in rounds for the remainder of the dress. Ch 2, do not turn, work 1 dc in same space as ch 2, 2 dc in each stitch around until the end. Join with a slip stitch to your ch.
- Ch 3, work 1 dc in next stitch and each around, join with a slip stitch to your chain.
- Repeat the last step 8 times more. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew a button with your yarn tail to the top of the back to fasten. Simply push through the stitches on the other side to secure.
- To make a ribbon, ch 84 in a contrasting color and weave through the row at the waist. Tie in a bow and you're all set! :)
January 19, 20170 found this helpful
Something is wrong with Row 3 and Row4
In These Guides
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 24, 2017 at 6:53:52 PM on 10.0.0.52 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us