Dachshund Breed Information and Photos

Despite their small stature, Dachshund are courageous dogs with lots of stamina. This is a guide about Dachshunds! It contains breed information and photos.

Photo of a Mini Dachshund by the water.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Hippie is now a 3 year old Mini Wire Hair Dachshund. Hippie is a registered Doxie from Stone Valley Breeders and I got him for a gift and addition to our family for my husband 3 years ago. Hippie enjoys all activities: racing, car shows, riding the 4 X 4 buggy in the woods (which he considers his), and playing in the water. He loves everyone and especially his daddy and mama. Hippie is the absolute most precious little guy ever! We love all animals and of course all the ones that are or have been in our lives, but Hippie is just an exception and he knows it. (haha) He brings us such joy and entertainment.

For a look at Hippie two years ago click here: Hippie

By Dawnie from Cumming, GA

Hippie on a float board in the pool.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dude (Miniature Dachshund)

Your Pet's Age
5 months

Your Pet's Breed
Miniature Dachshund

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him in mid-November 2015 from "All About Puppies" in Largo, Florida.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Meet new people (especially the ladies), cuddle, and chew on his rawhide bone!

Dude (Miniature Dachshund)Dude (Miniature Dachshund)

long haired Dachshund

Your Pet's Age
12

Your Pet's Breed
Dachshund

How and when did you get your pet?
I always wanted a sapphire ring when it came time to take early retirement from my job. When I went to the jewelry store to purchase one, I decided I'd rather spend the money on another Dachshund (puppy) and I would call her Sapphire! I wanted a long haired silver dapple. My husband and I had both had these breeds, mostly mix breeds, all our lives and had them while we were married. Our dog flew from South Carolina to Georgia where we picked her up. When we saw her, she immediately looked like a Snickers! So, that's how we got her and how she got her name!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Bark! And, follow me around! That's why in the picture she is sitting in the middle of my craft project.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She has also flown to Grand Cayman, where we moved after retirement, with her sister, Shannon, and then a year later flew back to the US because we were affected by Hurricane Ivan that hit there a few weeks after we arrived.

And, shortly after we got her, she was staying at the vet for boarding. A male Dachshund, was in recovery after back surgery and he was being trained how to use training wheels. No one could get him to move out of his bed. But, Snickers worked and worked on him and got him to start playing and he started walking! From then on out, the vet personnel called her the therapy dog! She and the male dog were friends for a long time.

This is my baby Sasha. Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen? I had to share her pictures. She's an 8 week old mini-dachshund! Cute huh!?

Sasha (Mini Dachshund)

We adopted him 3 years ago.

black and tan Dachshund

Simon is a 7 year old Standard Dachshund and Buster is a 5 year old Mini Black and Tan Dachshund. We got Simon from a city breeder and Buster from a country breeder. Each one has a definite city dog/country dog personality.

Simon (Standard Dachshund)

Berkley is a 9 year old Minature Dapple Dachshund. Berkley was a gift to my daughter from a friend while in college. Between college and work, there was little time left for Berkley.

dachshund

We found her in the shelter in Fresno about two years ago and fell in love with her right away. She was the only dog in there that was sleeping in the middle of the day!

Mini Dachshund

Angel is 22 months old. Angel is a black and gold, long haired, female, mini Dachshund.In July of 2009 when I was pining for a new baby, since the loss of our beloved "Josie", same as Angel but a black and tan.

Angel (Mini Dachshund)

Pebbles is a 4 year old Mini-dachshund. I got her and her brother BamBam on Craigslist last October. She is totally fascinated with the squirrels. In addition to chasing them all day, she loves to dig up the pecans they hide, and eats them!

A brown mini dachshund on a cream colored carpet.

BoBBle-Head Lou is a 9 year old Mini Dachshund. He was one of 8 babies my pair of Doxies had. He was so tiny he was literally the size of my thumb and I had to bottle feed him from day 1.

Mini Dachshund

Hippie is almost 2. He is a Miniature Wirehaired Dachshund. I met a very nice lady while antiquing that breeds the Dachshunds. He loves to stay in the shop and work on cars with his Dad.

He has been a part of our family since he was 12 weeks old.

Hippie with his Santa hat.

Tubby Butt is a 2 year old Miniature Dachshund. I got her last year. She was in a puppy mill and I rescued her. She was skinny and hairless and had her leg broken. Now she is the happiest doggie ever. I love her more than life itself.

Dog snuggling under blanket.

Baron von Frank Fruiter, is a four year old Miniature Dachshunc. Frankie is from a litter of my other Dachshund, Priscilla. Frankie likes to chase cats and chew the squeakers out of his mother's toy, because he can't stand the noise they make.

Dog sitting up on haunches.

Linda is a 3 year old Dachshund. One day, in a store, we saw a sign saying they sold puppies and a week later we bought her. She likes to pose for photos and scare away birds from our garden.

Linda (Dachshund)

Hippie is 4 years old and a mini Wirehaired Dachshund. I picked Hippie as a gift for my husband from a wonderful family from Stone Valley.

Hippie (Mini Wirehaired Dachshund)

Mr. Wiggles is an 8 week old Mini Dachshund. He is one of Miss Penelope's little babies. There are 4 all together.

Mini Dachshund in red and green elf hat.

Lester is a 3 years young short haired dachshund. I drove over 300 miles to pick up Lester when he was 6 weeks old. Lester loves his tennis balls and he will play with one for hours when it's stuffed in an old sock.

Lester (Dachshund)

BamBam is a 5 year old Dachshund. I got both him and his sister Pebbles on Craigslist last October. They went from being crated day and night, to having a doggie door and free run of the yard.

A brown dachshund on a cream colored couch

My best friend's family gave her to me as a birthday gift 8-11-15. I moved out to Illinois to live with them all by myself with no family and they thought she would help me with my depression, and she does. She's my world.

long hair miniature Dachshund

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Molly and Oliver are Dachshunds! They are best friends. They play together all the time. They are so funny together! They act just alike.

Two Dachshunds on couch.

Buddy is a 7 years old Miniature Dachshund. His birthday is March 7. We got him from a breeder at 8 weeks old. I traveled 300 miles to get him and he's been worth each and every mile, and then some!

Buddy (Miniature Dachshund)

Kasha was 14 years old and a Dachshund (deceased 03-26-08). He was rescued from a Humane Society Shelter after being in 2 previous homes.

Kasha (Dachshund)

Lenard is a one and a half year old Miniature Dachshund. I got him January 2008, a gift for upcoming 'empty nest.' He likes to watch birds from his window seat, and play with his toy raccoons. He never meets a stranger, and loves everyone!

Lenard (Miniature Dachshund)

I rescued him from a pet shop. How anyone could have let this sweet, happy, lay on my back and rub my belly puppy go to a pet store is unbelievable.

Mr. Whiskers (Wirehaired Dachshund)

Missy Jo is a 1 year old miniature Dachshund. We have the mother. She likes to play in the water.

Missy running.

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds DachshundAugust 17, 2012
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
old photo
Determining the Value of Historic Photos
Credit Report
Providing Information to a Credit Bureau
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 2, 2016 at 3:13:52 PM on 10.0.1.95 in 352 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.