Miniature Dachshund Photos

Category Dachshund
This guide contains miniature Dachshund photos. These spunky, short-legged dogs are full of personality and are a favorite companion in many households. Here are some of the photos our users have shared of their miniature Dachshunds.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
She was 17 1/2 when she crossed the rainbow bridge in August 2016.

Your Pet's Breed
Long hair, mini Dachshund

How and when did you get your pet?
I saw this tiny girlie sitting in her water dish in a pet store window in 1999. Please don't judge me because at that time I had no idea of puppy mills (my fur son is a rescue and we actively support rescue causes). All I knew was pure and absolute love at first sight. It took 2 months, but on June 30, 1999 my fur daughter came home with me.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Carmel loved her duck toys. She had several including her first toy, Duck, followed by Fluffy Duck, and Yucky Duck. Her friend, Patches, came to visit one evening. When Patches wasn't feeling well, my sweet girl went to her toy box and lined her ducks up in a row as an offering to Patches. Patches's mom and I still talk about Carmel putting her ducks in a row to help cheer up her friend.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
I never had human children, so Carmel was my world and my first born fur child. I was a helicopter mom to the nth degree. She was so beautiful and we were in need of extra money at the time so I entered her in a pet beauty contest. The picture here was her girlie girl photo and entry to the contest. The cash prize was to go into our "buy a house fund".

She clearly was the most beautiful of all of the contestants, but a turtle won because it turned out to be a paid popularity contest and I couldn't afford to buy her votes. I was devastated. Carmel took it all in her usual happy go lucky way.

In her memory, I lost my Carmel in August 2016, and in honor of her birthday, February 24, I am entering her in this contest. Hopefully she will win and have the much earned (albeit posthumous) glory of not only being the most beautiful pup, but the most loved fur girl in my world!

We love and miss you Carmel Marmel! May you always enjoy your eternal sunspot baby!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

This is my baby Sasha. Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen? I had to share her pictures. She's an 8 week old mini-dachshund! Cute huh!?

Thanks,

Darci from San Antonio, TX

Sasha (Mini Dachshund)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Berkley is a 9 year old Minature Dapple Dachshund. Berkley was a gift to my daughter from a friend while in college. Between college and work, there was little time left for Berkley. So during Spring Break, Berkley came to stay two weeks so mom could go for a break herself. Two weeks turned into 9 years and he's still here and will stay here!

He loves to eat! He also likes riding around town with the window down and the wind blowing his ears back and laying out in the front yard sunning in the summer. Berkley is my world! He loves to give kisses and lick the lipstick off his aunt DiDi.

He likes rolling around in the dry grass scratching and then looking like a scarecrow with dry grass sticking to him all over even in his 1 cm eyelashes! He loves chasing squirrels and cats, knowing he will not know what to do with them if he were to catch them.

By nini from Sweetwater, TX

dachshund

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Angel is 22 months old. Angel is a black and gold, long haired, female, mini Dachshund.In July of 2009 when I was pining for a new baby, since the loss of our beloved "Josie", same as Angel but a black and tan.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Tubby Butt is a 2 year old Miniature Dachshund. I got her last year. She was in a puppy mill and I rescued her. She was skinny and hairless and had her leg broken.

Now she is the happiest doggie ever. I love her more than life itself.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

BoBBle-Head Lou is a 9 year old Mini Dachshund. He was one of 8 babies my pair of Doxies had. He was so tiny he was literally the size of my thumb and I had to bottle feed him from day 1.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Pebbles is a 4 year old Mini-dachshund. I got her and her brother BamBam on Craigslist last October. She is totally fascinated with the squirrels.

In addition to chasing them all day, she loves to dig up the pecans they hide, and eats them!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Buddy is a 7 years old Miniature Dachshund. His birthday is March 7. We got him from a breeder at 8 weeks old. I traveled 300 miles to get him and he's been worth each and every mile, and then some!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

We found her in the shelter in Fresno about two years ago and fell in love with her right away. She was the only dog in there that was sleeping in the middle of the day!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Lenard is a one and a half year old Miniature Dachshund. I got him January 2008, a gift for upcoming 'empty nest.' He likes to watch birds from his window seat, and play with his toy raccoons. He never meets a stranger, and loves everyone!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Baron von Frank Fruiter, is a four year old Miniature Dachshunc. Frankie is from a litter of my other Dachshund, Priscilla. Frankie likes to chase cats and chew the squeakers out of his mother's toy, because he can't stand the noise they make.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Mr. Wiggles is an 8 week old Mini Dachshund. He is one of Miss Penelope's little babies. There are 4 all together.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I got him in mid-November 2015 from "All About Puppies" in Largo, Florida. He likes to meet new people (especially the ladies), cuddle, and chew on his rawhide bone!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Missy Jo is a 1 year old miniature Dachshund. We have the mother. She likes to play in the water.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Gus loves to play with his "brother", Charlie (a rescued Lab mix), and will do anything for a cookie! One of our favorite games is "blanket attack", where Gus hides under a blanket and tries to attack whatever touches him. It's hilarious to watch when he decides to play that by himself with his toy!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Doodle Bug is an almost 2 year old Miniature Dachshund. My husband brought her home as an early Christmas gift for me in 2009. Doodle Bug loves to snuggle, she is a real lover.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Pixie is a 12 year old Mini Dachshund. My husband bought her at 8 weeks old. She plays with toys, and likes to go for ice cream.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Stella is a 4 year old Mini Dachshund. Stella thinks she is the neighborhood watch dog, she likes to sit at the window and bark at dogs bigger than her. She also likes electric blankets, fireplaces and space heaters because she is always cold!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Sherlock and Watson are 7 month old Mini Dachshunds. I got them in February. Sherlock is noisy has to check out everything. Only cuddles when he's in the mood.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

These are my two babies, Wiz and Ebony. They are both small short haired miniature Dachshunds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

My best friend's family gave her to me as a birthday gift 8-11-15. I moved out to Illinois to live with them all by myself with no family and they thought she would help me with my depression, and she does. She's my world.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4
Load More