Decorating with a Paris Theme

I'm 15 years old and am redoing my room. I want to do a Paris themed room and paint my walls lime green at the same time. Will this work? Also, I need some good decor ideas and ideas for furniture. Thanks a bunch :D

By Alex from NJ

Answers:

Decorating with a Paris Theme

My first advice is don't over do it. Just give a few hints of Paris in your room. Look in Ballards designs catalog for ideas on making a European look. I bought a magnetic board and glued a pic of the Eifel tower in black and white onto the front. I use it for picture of our friends. I think making a French bulletin board, the ones with ribbon criss-crossing would be cute. Bold fabric in lime and white and black or brown might work well for curtains and pillows. Good luck. :) (07/30/2010)

By yoder178

Decorating with a Paris Theme

Darling, don't use too much lime green. When you look in the mirror, you'll look sick! Lime green is one of those colors that bring other colors together. It's much better as an accent, like one wall (not the one with the mirror, lol) and I would use a peppermint pink and black and white combination. If you have a window, that's the wall that should be green. How about a wide black on white pinstripe, ala fifties Paris chic? You might even consider a wall mural, with a Paris scene. You could add an ice cream table and chairs in wrought iron, if you could find them. Check out a couple of fifties or sixties films that take place in Paris. Google "Paris in Films" and rent those to pick up some hints. Maybe you'd like the "starving artist in the garret on the Left Bank" look. Have fun and make it you whatever you do. It'll be easier to live in! (07/31/2010)

By Thrifty Me

Decorating with a Paris Theme

We just finished my daughter's room with the same theme. Hers was in black, white and pink. We painted 2 walls pink and left two walls white. Picked new bedspread and throw pillows to match. Purchased a 6 foot Eiffel tower peel-n-stick for the wall in black. I purchased 4 fashion art prints on ebay cheap then bought 4 matching cheap Walmart frames for under the price of one print framed at Target. A wire Eiffel Tower from Target office supplies sits on a dresser. It was cheap and easy. (08/02/2010)

By jkchap

Decorating with a Paris Theme

Thanks so much you guys your posts were really helpful! :) I will post pics of my room when its finished!
(08/04/2010)

By maggie1016

Decorating with a Paris Theme

I'm 15 and I recently redid my room with a vintage France theme. I deliberately painted my walls lime green as well. My room looks amazing! Everywhere I looked people were doing the pink/black Paris theme and I wanted to be a bit different. Instead of hanging Eiffel Towers and Paris-like things, I wanted my room to be like a typical French bedroom. Lots of thrift stores sell French-style furniture. I got an awesome bed frame and chair for my desk.

If you're room is lime green, try painting your furniture black, it will look stunning and tone down the green so it doesn't overwhelm you. Hanging a canopy over your bed will be a nice focal point and, hung properly, look very French! (09/11/2010)

By poketz655

A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Baby nursery with a white crib.
Decorating a Baby Nursery
soccer ball sculpture
Decorating a Bedroom With a Sports Theme
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
🎉
🎄