Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Is there a way to decoupage a ceramic tile to be used as a coaster?

By Teresa from Crosby, MN

RE: Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Number one -don't use Mod Podge! It never really cures. I did this, and got a lot of feedback about how everything stuck to them, and it had been months since I had done them. Use Royal Coat (several different finishes available) or Enviro-Tex. This is an epoxy product that hardens beautifully and is completely clear. It's fussy to use, but the results are beautiful.

You can use any white glue or decoupage product to secure the design to the tile, then mix up the Enviro-Tex (available on-line, and at Michael's and Hobby Lobby) and apply as instructed. Word to the wise, make absolutely sure that the tile is "completely level" before applying the E-T. Otherwise it just runs right off! Add some cork circles to the bottom of the tiles to keep from scratching surfaces and you're all done. Good luck, and I hope I've helped you avoid the hassles that I had to learn from. (03/27/2009)

By pollylev

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Decoupaged Ceramic Tiles
Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Old brown tile
Repairing Uneven Tile Floor
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Tile Craft
Crafts Using Tiles