Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

I read in a book that washing your hair weekly with baking soda takes all the build-up from hair products and such out of your hair. You just add about a half a palm full to your shampoo for the night and wash your hair as usual. I tried this and it made my hair VERY foamy while washing it but VERY soft the next day!

Since you can get a box of baking soda for around $.50, it keeps you from spending high prices on those clarifying shampoos and it's multi-purpose!

Source: Baking soda uses book.

By Fairon from Panama City Beach, FL

I have never used soda but I know that vinegar works well too.

Baking Soda mixed with honey makes a great exfoliator too. Just rub it all over your day for a squeaky clean feeling. So fresh and nice. Not just for a facial either. Baking soda and Vinegar are the 2 things I would most hate to be without in our bathroom and in the kitchen.

Now, I'll have to try it on my hair. Thanks for the tip.

Is it ok to use on color-treated hair? Thanks.

@Lucylou, I'm not sure about color treated hair, I would think it may cause it to fade faster than usual. You could always test a small portion of hair in a spot no one really sees I guess. I haven't dyed my hair in years though so I wont suggest or not suggest it.

Woman Cleaning Hair
Deep Cleaning Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WashingJune 2, 2011
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey