Deodorant Reviews

Reading reviews of personal products, such as deodorant, can be helpful in trying to find a brand that will work for your specific needs. This is a guide about deodorant reviews.

Does anyone use a deodorant that really masks the odor? The last few years my deodorant doesn't work and I am trying all different brands.

I would suggest using an anti-perspirant & deodorant. Simple deodorant only masks the odor while an anti-perspirant prevents the sweat. I have used "Sure" brand for years. It comes in scented and unscented. I use unscented so as to not conflict with a perfume I might have on. Another try would be "Gold Bond" powder or even powdering on corn starch. Good luck and hope this helps you to stay 'Cool, calm, collected" and dry....Gale from Calif.

If you have been using antiperspirants and still have problems, a dermatologist can help to identify your specific difficulty and prescribe a solution that will help. Sometimes over the counter offerings just do not work.

I've had success with Lady Speed Stick. I like the "powder fresh" scent the best.

Does anyone know what form of deodorant/anti-perspirant is the cheapest or lasts the longest? Is it roll-on, spray aerosol, solid, gell? Any homemade forms?

Thanks in advance.
coolchinchilla

Okay I have a BO problem. NO comercial deodorant helps me. I end up smelling like perfume mixed with BO. I have searched long and hard and have discovered two products that work. I still sweat...I just don't smell...and I mean all day long. I can put my arm up without worry all day and when I get into bed I don't knock myself out!

1. Baking soda. I use this currently. My arms are wet after showering and I sprinkle a little under my arms. It is wonderful and inexpensive. (I found out about it in an internet search of 101 things to do with bakiing soda.)

2. The Crystal (A bit more expensive) Likewise this works wonderfully.

With each of these it took time for me to get used to. They don't feel silky like comercial deodorants but I decided getting rid of the smell was more important to me.

the powder ones leaves white residue the gel leave sticky clothes the spray is ok

ADUH!! OLD SPICE BABY

There is a deoderant you can buy from health food stores called Lavilin, it's imported from Isreal and will cost you 15 bucks or so but it works. You only apply it once a week, depending on your chemistry. I need to apply it about every four or five day's. It's in a small container and at first you'll think man I was ripped off but you use only a small amount and you only apply it at night. Hope this works for you it does for me and before I started using it I smelled like a goat.

I hear that ban deodorant lasts a long time, but is more expensive.

I use Lady Speed Stick and that worked great for me, but lately I was beginning to not feel so clean and the lingering smell was always bothering me. So I bought the same make but in Orchid Blossom - for some reason that did not do anything for me. I felt more smelly, and it was leaving she smell on my clothes. So now I am in search for a good one, but I think I will buy couple and see what works- I was recommended Certain Dry. Let's hope that works!

i think baking soda would work the best!!!!

for 1.its thick an will absorb the sweat

its just wat i think

I use Degree and it has never failed me yet! I found the others mentioned here like Suave, piddled out before I did. I remember one of my PE coaches told us girls once, women don't sweat, they perspire. Well this woman sweats like a pig! But I don't stink, thanks to Degree solid.

Vinegar helps me with B.O. After the bath I put some under my arms, then the deodorant. Good luck.

I need a dependable underarm deodorant.

By Fatso

I like Dove. If you have a costco close by, you get 4 sticks of it for about 8:00 and it is very smooth and works well.

You can not beat mitchum!

Dove is my favorite! It does not clump and is so silky smooth.

Unfortunately, what works for one person may not work for another, but I'm a "Secret" fan...love the fresh scent.

I have a bad problem with not being able to use just anything. I find that Mitchum works the best. Most clog my pores this doesn't. Plus after you use it for about a week if you happen to skip a day. You are pretty safe lol ' I found this out when I was waiting for my grand daughter to be born. Debbie

I use Degree (womens) Ultra Clear, Pure Rain scent, and it never fails me. I work outside a lot doing gardening, woodworking, etc., and Degree hasn't failed me yet.

Pat Tin Nevada

Dove deodorant is great.

LOL! I actually read all of the posts all the time wondering if ANYone used 'lowly' avon?! I've been using avon roll-on @ years. It's very economical. I actually buy it @ ebay and save even more. I even agree with your favorite scents. :-)

When I was dating my husband, his armpits were red no matter what deodorant he used. I got him to use Almay and he has never had red armpits again.

Try Drysol. One of my friends is using it and he claims it works for him.

I have read that applying baking soda can eliminate underarm odor because of its odor-eating ingredient. When I tried, yes it did, there was no unpleasant smell, but it did darken my skin as if it was burnt. Can you help me get rid of underarm odor while whitening the same area?

By Mar B.

It sounds like your skin might be irritated by the baking soda. Try using a mix of two parts corn starch to one part baking soda and see if that helps. If you still have a reaction you could try using corn starch on its own, too.

I don't know about whitening but plain old alcohol will stop underarm odor.

I am allergic to commercial deoderants and have found that cleaning my underarms with alcohol after shower and before I leave the house works very well. After all bacteria are what causes the odor and alcohol kills bacteria.

Alcohol works well. Time will get your underarms back to their right color. I tried baking soda once. It burned and turned my skin red and it took over a week for the redness to go away.