Browsing: Deodorant Reviews

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Deodorant Reviews

Reading reviews of personal products, such as deodorant, can be helpful in trying to find a brand that will work for your specific needs. This is a guide about deodorant reviews.

A woman putting on deodorant.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 27, 2008 Flag

Natural Baking Soda As Underarm Deodorant If baking soda can subdue the odor of a cat litter box, imagine what it can do under your arms. Yep. All by itself, or if you want, you can add talc or other powder to it at a ratio or half and half. Put it in a tin and keep it in the bathroom.

After you shower, pat dry your underarms and apply the powder with a dry washcloth or piece of a dishrag. The only time this is not a good plan is when you are wearing something sleeveless.

By Susan from WV

July 5, 2015 Flag

Does anyone use a deodorant that really masks the odor? The last few years my deodorant doesn't work and I am trying all different brands.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest using an anti-perspirant & deodorant. Simple deodorant only masks the odor while an anti-perspirant prevents the sweat. I have used "Sure" brand for years. It comes in scented and unscented. I use unscented so as to not conflict with a perfume I might have on. Another try would be "Gold Bond" powder or even powdering on corn starch. Good luck and hope this helps you to stay 'Cool, calm, collected" and dry....Gale from Calif.

If you have been using antiperspirants and still have problems, a dermatologist can help to identify your specific difficulty and prescribe a solution that will help. Sometimes over the counter offerings just do not work.

I've had success with Lady Speed Stick. I like the "powder fresh" scent the best.

April 16, 2009 Flag

I need a dependable underarm deodorant.

By Fatso

LOL! I actually read all of the posts all the time wondering if ANYone used 'lowly' avon?! I've been using avon roll-on @ years. It's very economical. I actually buy it @ ebay and save even more. I even agree with your favorite scents. :-)

When I was dating my husband, his armpits were red no matter what deodorant he used. I got him to use Almay and he has never had red armpits again.

Try Drysol. One of my friends is using it and he claims it works for him.

I have a terribly bad funky armpit odour, like cockroach smell, so I need deodorant. However, not just any deodorant, because I don't want it to clog or dry up my skin or give me bad smell afterwards. I've been using UARMSOL deodorant powder for many years now and I have no more armpit odours. The deodorant powder works even when you stop using it for a day or 2 because it doesn't leave you smelling bad afterwards, unlike other deodorants out there.

<p>Even when I sweat I don't have any odours, this deodorant works great and I'm loving it. I can't go out in the day without putting it on. I applied 1 pinch and it's all to it for the whole day without worries about any smell afterwards. There's no after sport smell or odour masking. I would recommend it to anyone who has underarm odour. </p>

Read More Answers...

August 18, 2011 Flag

I have read that applying baking soda can eliminate underarm odor because of its odor-eating ingredient. When I tried, yes it did, there was no unpleasant smell, but it did darken my skin as if it was burnt. Can you help me get rid of underarm odor while whitening the same area?

By Mar B.

It sounds like your skin might be irritated by the baking soda. Try using a mix of two parts corn starch to one part baking soda and see if that helps. If you still have a reaction you could try using corn starch on its own, too.

I don't know about whitening but plain old alcohol will stop underarm odor.

I am allergic to commercial deoderants and have found that cleaning my underarms with alcohol after shower and before I leave the house works very well. After all bacteria are what causes the odor and alcohol kills bacteria.

Alcohol works well. Time will get your underarms back to their right color. I tried baking soda once. It burned and turned my skin red and it took over a week for the redness to go away.

July 20, 2004 Flag

Does anyone know what form of deodorant/anti-perspirant is the cheapest or lasts the longest? Is it roll-on, spray aerosol, solid, gell? Any homemade forms?

Thanks in advance.
coolchinchilla

i think baking soda would work the best!!!!

for 1.its thick an will absorb the sweat

its just wat i think

I use Degree and it has never failed me yet! I found the others mentioned here like Suave, piddled out before I did. I remember one of my PE coaches told us girls once, women don't sweat, they perspire. Well this woman sweats like a pig! But I don't stink, thanks to Degree solid.

Vinegar helps me with B.O. After the bath I put some under my arms, then the deodorant. Good luck.

Certain Dri works great for me. I have the roll on but I don't really like that one because it's very watery and can run down your shirt when applying. Other than that, I could go even 3 days without applying. Mind you that this is only an antiperspirant so it is unscented and doesn't protect against odor. For odor, I just use Secret Original in Spring Breeze. It smells great and it's not overpowering.

Read More Answers...
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautySeptember 26, 2013
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
Homemade Deodorant with Ribbon Wrapped Around it
Making Homemade Deodorant
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 7, 2016 at 2:17:03 AM on 10.0.2.48 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.