Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Diatomaceous Earth to Get Rid of Parasites

contest winner icon

Food Grade Diatomaceous earth will kill fleas, ticks, bed bugs and almost any other insect. If taken internally, it will also rid your dog of worms and parasites. It must be FOOD GRADE not the kind sold at pool supply companies.

You can dust it on your dog to kill fleas instantly, put it in your yard to treat it, and can also treat bedding and any other areas in the house.

I took in a dog that was on death row at a shelter to foster and he had ticks and fleas. We dusted his entire body with the Diatomaceous earth and within hours he was bug free. At the same time our 12 yr. old German Shepherd had bad worms and the Vet wanted him to take 3 type of medications that cost over $150. I started our GSD on D.E. (Diatomaceous Earth) and at 4 weeks his stool sample was clean and no signs of worms. The Vets office was shocked.

My husband and I also take it daily as 85% of people have parasites.

This site has a lot of information on using D.E. for both humans and pets. You can buy it anywhere as long as it is FOOD GRADE. I purchased PermaGuard D.E. as it was considered one of the best. I make no money from any of these sites.

Source: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/How-Diatomaceous-Earth-Works.php

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lynne B.02/04/2014

Unfortunately like many mainstream vets your vet was WRONG about garlic! You will get better advice from a holistic vet. Fresh garlic in the right amount is not deadly to your cat. Please see the attached article from holistic veterinarian Doctor Karen Becker. This is a small piece of her article "Fresh garlic can be given to dogs and cats to prevent internal as well as external parasites. Processed garlic has lost the quantity of allicin needed to repel pests. Work with your holistic vet to determine a safe amount for your pets body weight. You may have to start with considerably less than that amount if your kitty is finicky, then build up gradually to the recommended amount."
http://healthypets.mercola.com/site ... -itchfree-pet-this-summer_2620_.aspx

By Fonda H.11/16/2013

What department is this found in?

By Fonda H.11/16/2013

What departments is this found at?

By Anad [1]10/17/2013

Julia,
I don't see where I stated that D.E. must be dry to be effective. Please show me where you see this. Thank you.

By jujujulia09/16/2013

The writer contradicts himself by saying that to be effective, DE must remain dry. Our bodies are made up of about 60% water. If DE kills intestinal worms, its action inside the body must be different. I would like a further explanation.

By anne [38]09/11/2013

Very interesting - I will check it out. Thanks.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.