Uses for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Fleas, other insects, and parasites can be controlled with this natural substance. This is a page about uses for food grade diatomaceous earth.

Related Product:

Food Grade Diatomaceous earth will kill fleas, ticks, bed bugs and almost any other insect. If taken internally, it will also rid your dog of worms and parasites. It must be FOOD GRADE not the kind sold at pool supply companies.

I keep my food grade diatomaceous earth in a shaker bottle. I often shake it on the the litterbox. This does two things, it gets the cats to lick it off their paws, and also it kills any bugs that try to get in the litter box.

I also sprinkle it anywhere I see bugs in the house, and on their canned food when I feed them in the morning.

Make sure you do not buy pool grade, but that you buy food grade Codex, DE. I buy mine from Tractor Supply.

Here is a great website with information on DE:

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

Have a great day, and I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures of pets that ThriftyFun pet-parents have posted!

I found a cheap and easy way for spreading food grade diatomaceous earth. A squeeze bottle makes it easy to dust under leaves and hard to reach places to kill bugs. It works really well in the chicken coop for getting into the places any chicken lice could hide. It also works well for killing fleas in the carpet. Just buy a plastic condiments squeeze bottle, add some diatomaceous earth, and squeeze away. It has quite a range too! The one I bought was $0.80 at a local store. I like the squeeze bottles with a cap, so that it stays dry between uses.

Diatomacious Earth (D.E.) is fossilized hard shelled algae. It has many uses, it is non toxic, and amazing!

It's used in many things and may already be in your home in your toothpaste as a mild abrasive agent.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Where can I buy fresh water food grade diatomaceous earth in Houston TX Area? I want to use it as a wormer for my horses and dogs. Thanks.

Jean from Bellville, TX

Answers

Best Answer

I buy food grade diatomaceous earth at the feed store. Delilah is right. Absolutely do not use the DE meant for swimming pool filters for your animals.

Best Answer

Freshwater food grade diatomaceous earth is unlike other forms of DE because it is safe for pets and people. You can also buy food grade diatomaceous earth inexpensively online.

How do you use diatomaceous earth to preserve rice?

By Willie H. Phillips from Dallas, TX

Answers

That stuff is not for eating. It is to kill bugs. Rice keeps for years and does not need to be preserved.

If you are worried about bugs getting in it, put it in a bug proof container.

Using FOOD GRADE only diatomaceous earth in food storage containers, bins etc has long been the preferred way to prevent the little bugs that are found naturally in many foods including all or most grains from eating and destroying the foods intended for human consumption.

When consumed by any animal eating the grain, the diatomaceous earth will kill worms and other
parasites in the body. Just be absolutely sure you use the Food Grade quality and not that intended for swimming pools etc.

To get the best and most comprehensive information on today's use of diatomaceous earth instead of harmful chemicals, check out this website. http://www.tuir  introduction.php

Hope this helps you. I wouldn't keep house without it since we don't use bug sprays or the other harmful chemicals around our children and animals.

Pookarina

Lilac- It is perfectly fine and safe to put in your grains to keep them pest free. Just make sure you are using food grade DE. I don't know what rice you are talking about that keeps for years, but I've seen brown rice at the store full of larvae. I've heard that brown rice keeps for about 6 months before going rancid.

I would like to know if their food grade would help in cleaning your colon.

By Allen B.

Answers

Any fiber helps in cleaning the colon. Diatomaceous earth will kill any parasites present.

To safely kill bugs you can use food grade diatomaceous earth. It is a powder that is the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton.

It is sharp, and cuts the insects. This is a page about diatomaceous earth for insect control.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Diatomaceous earth is a non-toxic natural insect killer that is completely safe for humans and animals. This is a page to buying food grade diatomaceous earth.

Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceApril 11, 2014
🌻
🎂
📓