Where Can I Buy Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth?

Diatomaceous earth is a non-toxic natural insect killer that is completely safe for humans and animals. This is a guide to buying food grade diatomaceous earth.

For those of you who are interested in this and wonder what the difference is, food grade diatomaceous earth (DE) is safe to eat and spread around the house, etc. Pool grade or the kind in pool filters, and is not safe to be around at all and is dangerous.Here is where to order food grade DE:

This is used for a wide variety of pest control needs, mainly fleas, etc, but also worms and other parasites, lice, etc.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Answers

Best Answer

Food grade is also available in "better" pet supply stores just for this purpose.

Best Answer

You can buy food grade DE at most garden shops and feed stores. It can be used on/around pets, the only precaution is that it is a dust and should not be breathed in.

Our local Garden Guy spreads it with a 'puffer' that blows it easily.

Best Answer

Food grade diatomaceous earth is a wonderful asset for any home. As for myself, I have successfully used it to eliminate insect pests. I have also added small anounts of DE to cat food to rid them of any possible internal worms. DE is easy to apply to pets coat to prevent fleas & ticks.

Where can I buy fresh water food grade diatomaceous earth in Houston TX Area? I want to use it as a wormer for my horses and dogs. Thanks.

Jean from Bellville, TX

Answers

Best Answer

I buy food grade diatomaceous earth at the feed store. Delilah is right. Absolutely do not use the DE meant for swimming pool filters for your animals.

Best Answer

Freshwater food grade diatomaceous earth is unlike other forms of DE because it is safe for pets and people. You can also buy food grade diatomaceous earth inexpensively online.

Where can I buy food grade diamotaceous earth?

By Brittney from San Diego, CA

Answers:

You should be able to purchase at any large hardware store. I purchased a 3lb. bag at Lowe's for just under $10 with tax. It has lasted for a very long time! I have also seen it available at smaller hardware stores and online. Lawn and garden stores also carry it. It is fairly inexpensive and yet so useful for many things. Please be cautious when purchasing that you don't pay more than necessary. Since bed bugs have become such an issue many companies are selling the DE powder in special packaging advertising for the use of killing bed bugs and charging 3 to 4 times more. Also, be cautious not to get pool grade. The 2 are often sold at the same store on the same shelf. Good luck to you! (10/24/2010)

By Toni

I would order it online:
http://www.ghorganics.com/DiatomaceousEarth.html

Blessings.

(10/24/2010)

By Robyn Fed

I got my food grade DE from a local store in Austin, TX and this is the contact info. on the bottle of DE. They're out of New Mexico. Perma-Guard.com. 505-243-1460. (10/27/2010)

By slayergrrl

Earthworkshealth.com. 1 800 228 5836. It comes with directions, uses, etc. The price is reasonable and they have fast shipping. They are a concerned for health company. My gallon jug, I think was $9. I had enough to share. I took it myself and found I had worms. There were no symptoms, but I had found that about 75% of our population has worms. Kids can't go through school without pinworms. The eggs are on the doorknobs. What a blessing huh? (10/27/2010)

By vicki hood

Animal feed stores carry it along with pet stores that sell higher quality food. I have used it on my dogs and cats for fleas and though messy, it eradicates fleas. (10/27/2010)

By Lisa

Check eBay if you cannot find locally. This is where I buy my supply. (10/28/2010)

By cybergrannie

Load More