Squeeze Bottle for D.E. Application

I found a cheap and easy way for spreading food grade diatomaceous earth. A squeeze bottle makes it easy to dust under leaves and hard to reach places to kill bugs. It works really well in the chicken coop for getting into the places any chicken lice could hide. It also works well for killing fleas in the carpet. Just buy a plastic condiments squeeze bottle, add some diatomaceous earth, and squeeze away. It has quite a range too! The one I bought was $0.80 at a local store. I like the squeeze bottles with a cap, so that it stays dry between uses.

Anonymous

You can also poke some holes in the cap of a plastic water bottle and use it to dust things. De is good stuff, we put a little in our dogs dry food; it's good for bed bugs too. When I put a water bottle in the drainer to dry, I put the cap in my pocket. When I went back to get it, it wasn't there. I asked my daughter about it, saying I have the cap in my pocket. She thought I said I have a cat in my pocket...Now I tell her I have a cat in my pocket and I'm not afraid to use it!

I do this and it works great! I use the mustard squeeze bottles that I found at the dollar store. It works perfectly for getting hard to reach spots. Great tip!