Wolflove from IA
* change the type of kitty litter
* twice a day 'clean' the litter box
* have heard of an herb (lavender, maybe) that you can add to box, call shelters and the vet maybe they know of this
* I have had cats in past 45 years that would urinate if another pet was added to the household
* if addition to household, pay double the attention to this cat. some are very jealous.
****i would take the cat to a vet he could have a urinary problem which can be deadly. (07/31/2007)
By cat lover
I agree with cat lover on her advise. I have had many cats in 40yrs. Another thing that I have tried was to put the cat in a room, with the door shut and a litter box. They will get reintroduced to the box and they will remember where it is. It may take a day or two. (07/31/2007)
You can buy this spray called "Keep OFF" it really seems to work with my cat and chihuahua. (07/31/2007)
I agree, I would first take him/her to the vet to rule out a medical reason. UTIs will kill a male cat if left untreated. (07/31/2007)
Try the type of litter called "cat attract" I kid you not. It's expensive but you can mix it with your cheaper litter 50/50. It helps. (08/19/2007)
By Corrie Rowe
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!