Dog Losing Fur

My dog lassie, a female, is nine years old with lots of fur. Since three weeks ago her fur has started to fall out (one hand full a day). Her behavior is normal,but she is scratching at times. Please tell me what I should do?

Thanks and regards
Sriyanthi from Sri Lanka

Answers:

Dog Losing Fur

If it very hot right now in your area could be from the heat. Dogs going in and out from heat to cool shed a great deal more than they should. Mine are driving me nuts. Sad thing is at her age could also mean a health problem such as thyroid, you should maybe have her checked with the vet. Feel around her neck to see if there are any lumps in that area that shouldn't be there. (07/19/2006)

By Gramie3

Dog Losing Fur

I had a dog that scratched until she bled & after taking her to the vet she had to get a shot, she had allergies. We also got oral medicine & I believe it did bother her in the summer. Her hair came out & she had to wear a head guard to keep her from biting out her fur until her skin healed & the meds kicked in. After that she was fine, I just gave her the meds when it started acting up. (07/19/2006)

By mawmawto4

Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Short haired dachshund getting his hair brushed
Dachshund Losing Hair
pink dog
Dyeing a Dog's Fur Safely
🎉
🎄