Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

Our dog has urinated on our "real" leather couch that was covered with a sofa cover already. Will the stain ever go away or will it look wet forever? I tried to clean it and the cleaner has dried but the stain stayed.

Al in Texas

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

How annoying for you. Depending on the color of your couch you will find that leather shoe polish rubbed gently into the area, left overnight and then rubbed vigorously, will bring back the couch to its former glory. Match the colors carefully. And DON'T buff too hard or you will have a shiny patch. (01/04/2005)

By ang

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

With any solution, I would pretest on an out of site piece of leather. (01/04/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

I tried gently wiping over the area with hair gel. It took it out and then after that I used perfume to take out the gel. It works. (10/08/2007)

By I'm the best deal with it

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

Wow, the suggestion to use hair gel really WORKED! Thanks so very much. I used water and a bit of ammonia to wipe the gel off. I think ammonia cuts or eliminates the urine smell. Perfume is probably good too. (10/14/2008)

By Barb

Dog Urine Stain On Leather Couch

What kind of hair gel did you use? How do I apply it? Rub it in, wipe it off, then perfume? More details please. Got a new puppy for Christmas and need all the advice I can get. Thanks! (12/19/2008)

By lisa

Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout