Donating Fabric to Charity

I have two large (heavy) bins of sets of fabric for childrens' quilts. Some have a printed fabric and matching backing, some are just lovely prints. Some are flannel, some cotton, and a few cotton/poly blend.

I very much would like these to go to people making quilts for kids in need. I live in CT so I would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you.

By Molly's Mom from North Branford, CT

Answers:

Donating Fabric to Charity

If nothing else you can always donate them to a thrift store. I know there are also groups, that make quilts for children in hospitals; there is one national group that makes them. I think it is called Project Linus or something like that. I would recommend calling different churches, etc. Check with your local hospital and see if they know of any organizations that do this. (08/05/2010)

By redhatterb

Donating Fabric to Charity

See if you can find some local "quilting clubs" (call some fabric stores, check online, etc.) and request they use the material for needy kids quilts. (08/06/2010)

By thriftyvicki

Donating Fabric to Charity

You may want to check with your local senior citizens club and see if they could use them or know of a quilting bee club in the area. Also perhaps an assisted living or nursing home may have an activities director you could contact and suggest this project and donate the supplies. (08/07/2010)

By Amy3e

Donating Fabric to Charity

My old church made baby quilts for babies at risk. Maybe a local church in your area does this, you can check with the pregnancy centers and teen pregnancy programs at your hospital to see who might be doing this in your community. (08/11/2010)

By yoder178

Donating Fabric to Charity
Donating a Car to Charity
Donating a Car to Charity
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
donate sign
Donating Household Items to Charity
Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity
🎉
🎄