Browsing: Donating Used Stuffed Animals

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Donating Used Stuffed Animals

It's good to give those extra stuffed friends a new purpose for someone who may need a buddy to hold. This guide is about donating used stuffed animals.

Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 8, 2016 Flag

I have a lot of stuffed animals and would love to bless children that are in need with them and pray for them. I live in Chicagoland. Anyone know of a place? Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Donate: Battered women/children shelters, homeless family shelters, free medical clinics, etc.

Check your local police station. They keep them on hand to calm traumatized kids on site. Blessings to you for sharing.

March 26, 2016 Flag

I have loads of gently used stuffed animals. I would like to donate them, any thoughts as to a local place to turn? I live in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Try family & homeless shelters, women's trauma shelters, police & fire stations-good for kids in a traumatic situation, hospitals, etc.

November 7, 2013 Flag

I have tons of stuffed animals, but was wishing I could hand deliver them to children who are sick, or have been in traumatic situations. It would bring me such joy to see the smiles on the children's faces when I hand them a wonderful stuffed animal. I have collected these stuffed animals over the years. I also have a huge collection of Beanie Babies and Beanie Buddies. Where is it possible for me to do that, and when would be a good time? I live in Burlington, Washington. I would love it if I could take it to Seattle Children's Hospital, but it is too far away from us now. Does anyone know of a place in Mount Vernon, or Burlington, WA that I could take the stuffed animals and deliver them in person? Does Skagit Valley Hospital have place I could take them? Please let me know.

By Kristen

A word of caution, some kids are allergic to stuffed animals. But I agree it would fun to brighten a scary situation. Also have you thought of giving to a domestic abuse center or to an orphanage or to a daycare or churches! God bless you for being so thoughtful!

My advice would be to call the Fire and Police Departments in your area and ask them. I know that some police officers carry stuffed animals in the trunks of their cars to give to traumatized children in bad situations. You could call Seattle Children's and ask if they know of any places up in the Burlington area where you could donate.

Women and children's shelters would welcome them. So many time women have to grab their kids and get to a safe place with only what they are wearing. A sweet stuffed animal would go a long way in calming a scared child.

Thank you for doing that... It will mean a lot to some very deserving kids and their families.

Hi - yours is a noble cause but sadly, most hospitals can only accept new toys.

However, all of the other suggestions are great and your gifts would still be going to a child in need.

You can call them or yes, donate to the police. Kids who have lost someone to an accident, violence or a trauma love and need them. That is where I sometimes give just after I have purchased them from a yard sale and/or thrift shop. I wash them and do the "sniff test" (this nose knows ciggies and kitties a mile away). Some Febreez and a day in the open air and they are ready to give a kid something to hold.

I hope this helps.

PBP

March 16, 2012 Flag

Where can I donate stuffed animals? I want to give them to kids who have lost some they love or have been placed in a new home. They are animals that my dad has won in claw games. My mom has passed and he has five girls; we are 40 and over. We just want to see them to go to a places were they can help someone smile, even if it's just for a minute or two. Thank you.

By PMJ

In my area the police use them to give to children at crime scenes/fires to hep calm them down.

Contact your state foster care bureau and deliver some to them.

Here is a google search with lots of ideas. I live in Henderson which is near Las Vegas NV. There is a charity called "Teddy Vegas" They take any stuffed animal donation and clean it if it is used then they give them to the police, firefighters, hospitals with terminally ill children so they can be handed out to kids in crisis. It's such a blessing to give to someone in need.

http://www.google.com/search?source ... aa992f2e946&biw=1600&bih=693

Your local women's shelter would likely be glad to have them for the scared and confused children there.

Read More Answers...

January 8, 2009 Flag

I have a lot of stuffed animals my grandchildren do not play with and would like to donate them to some needy children in my area. Anyone know where I can donate these?

Ron from Warrington, PA

My daughter is turning 12 in April and no longer has the desire of looking at stuffed animals anymore. They have been sitting on several shelves,on canopies hanging from her ceiling and she just want to donate them. I work for the Salvation Army, but they won't accept stuffed animals. I don't want to throw them out due to them never being used.If someone can tell me where to donate them in Philadelphia PA I would greatly appreciate it. I have all different sizes.

I am with SAFE. They collect stuffed animals for needy kids. There are chapters all over the US. Here is the link www.stuffedanimalsforemergencies.org

Hi, my name is Edmay Mayers and I was deployed with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), GRS in Tallil, Iraq (near the town of Nasiriyah) for 22 months from Nov 05 to Sep 07. I started a program for the children of Iraq with the help of Ash Dornfest, Parenthacks.com. She and I were in contact and she called the program "Spread the Word." We recieved so many toys, school supplies, shoes and clothes for the children of Iraq that I was given a conex to store them in. The people were so generous and kind. I left GRS in Sep of 2007. Friends of mine, Mike Fellenz and a few others took over the program for me. It is still ongoing in the South (GRS) and Mike has taken it to Mosul. I have now returned to Iraq and am deployed for USACE, GRN in Kirkuk, Iraq. I certainly would love to have the program started here too. So, if anyone could possibly spare some "gently" used toys, clothes or whatever items, the children of Kirkuk would certainly appreciate it.

My address is: Edmay P. Mayers, USACE-GRN-KAO, FOB-Warrior-Kirkuk, APO, AE 09359.

Thank you and God bless. /Edmay

Profile under Kacismaymay

I am the director of the Teddy Bear Brigade a program of Gleaning for the World, a 501c.3 non-profit located in Central VA. We accept new and gently used stuffed animals for distribution as humanitarian aid or disaster relief to children in developing countries. For more information visit our website at http://gftw.org/current-projects/teddybearbrigade/. Stuffed animals can be shipped to our warehouse at:

Gleaning for the World

Att: Teddy Bear Brigade

7539 Stage Road / P.O. Box 645

Concord, VA 24538

Thanks, Chris Ellis

Read More Answers...

November 24, 2014 Flag

I have a bunch of stuffies I would like to donate.

By Dottie

Many larger organizations are prohibited from accepting "preowned" stuffed animals as it is considered a "health" hazard. You will have to find someone like Goodwill, Salvation Army and local small charities to accept these.

Load More
Better Living Charity AdviceSeptember 16, 2012
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Finished duck.
Making Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Crochet Stuffed Animals
Making Crochet Stuffed Animals
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 9:14:25 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.