Don't Use Cruise Control In The Rain

I use my cruise control on an open road. It saves gas. I would like to caution you about using cruise control on wet roads. Don't use it on wet roads! Your tires may hydroplane, and the cruise will keep increasing the speed of the car. When the tires bite and get traction again, the car will skid and swerve. This could be very dangerous.

Remember, when it's raining, don't worry about saving money, you may be saving a life by not using your cruise control then. Hope you travel safe!

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

That is good to know. It will save accidents.

Great tip! Same goes for icy roads too, we've had accidents on the highways around here in the winter that were caused by someone driving with cruise control,sliding on the snow or ice & not being able to get out of it.

I learned to be cautious with cruise control... not in ice or snow, but just in general. I was using cruise one day and got literally blown off the road. (I was a little too close to the edge and couldn't recover when a truck "blew by" and my right tire dropped off the edge of the macadam.) Thankfully it was an open field rather than a tree I encountered! I was so startled I didn't realize at first that I had to tap the brake to disengage the cruise so I could safely stop. Whew!

Consumer Advice Cars SafetyJune 16, 2011
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Rain Drops on Leaf
Rain Garden Basics
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
People Getting off Cruise Ship in Mexico
Saving Money on a Cruise
🎄
🍂