Don't Use Your Linen Closet For Your Sheets

I haven't stored my sheets in my linen closet for years! Every bed has 2 sets of sheets. I fold the sheets as most everyone else seems to do, and fold the pillowcase around it (or you can slip the sheets into the pillowcase). Then I put the extra set between the mattresses of the bed it is for. I either slip them in at the foot of the bed, or the side - whichever is more convenient.

When we had babies in cribs, I folded the crib sheets, put them in a plastic bag, and slipped it between the mattress and springs. This way the sheets are handy and easy to get to when I want to change them, and it frees a tremendous amount of space in my linen closet for other things. This was really helpful when there were 6 of us in the house!

By lyonpridej from Oklahoma

Please, no plastic bags under a crib mattress. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Thanks for the tip on storing sheets. I'm going to try it now :)

Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Organizing Your Linen Closet
Organizing LinensAugust 3, 2011
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
🎄