Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Drawer and Shelf Liner Ideas

There are many products that can be used to line drawers and shelves, in addition to those sold for this purpose. This is a guide about drawer and shelf liner ideas.

June 13, 2011 Flag

If you are looking for an economical, durable way to line your cabinets and drawers, then I would suggest the self-adhesive floor tiles you can purchase at local dollar stores. The material is easily cut with scissors and easy to apply. It also cleans easily with a wet rag when needed. Since it comes in different colors, it is easy to match your decor. The best part is that it lasts for years, but can easily be removed if needed.

By onesoutherngal from MS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a great idea. It even sounds clean.

April 15, 2014 Flag

I don't know how all the crumbs get into my kitchen drawers. It seems like I'm always taking everything out of the drawers, dumping the crumbs, and wiping them clean - and replacing the liner! Well, one of those great ideas out of nowhere popped into my brain the other day: plastic canvas sheets!

I went to my craft room and got a few pieces of it. Cutting it to size was so easy. Measure, and cut on the convenient line. One sheet wasn't enough, but cutting what I needed to cover the drawer completely was really simple. You can buy it in several different colors, so it looks good. Crumbs fall through the spaces, and the canvas keeps everything off of them.

It's really easy to wash. It's cheap, and it will last forever. You can buy it at any craft store, and a lot of other places like Walmart. You can buy it one sheet at a time, or in packs. No more cutting paper or sticky back paper to size, no more replacing it every little bit.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2005 Flag

Use wax paper to line your kitchen shelves instead of buying expensive shelf liner paper. It's easy and cheap!

By Lisa M.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We watch for the close out on wall paper and get very good buys on it. Cleans good and works great. We also line our dressers with it. Also in the bottom where the food and pots and pans are we use vinyl flooring. Cut to size and washes so easy. Just about never needs replacing.

Use linoleum leftovers to line your sink base cabinet and oven drawer for easier cleanup. You can even use linoleum pieces in cabinets instead of shelf paper so spills can be cleaned up easily.

A chest of drawers with clothing in them.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Scented drawer liner paper keeps your clothes smelling wonderful. Buying it can be expensive and you may not find a fragrance you like, so make your own. This is a guide about how to make your own scented drawer liner paper.

January 22, 2012 Flag

What can I use to line dresser drawers, instead of buying expensive drawer liner?

By Maplesugar

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can find inexpensive (read cheap:) shelf liner and contact paper at the dollar stores.

You can also cut up old bed sheets to fit the drawers, or use tea towels. The advantage is that your stored items don't 'slosh' around in the drawer, and you can take the fabric out and run it through the wash when it's got grungy.

People used to use newspaper in kitchen cabinets. You could also use gift wrapping paper, either new or used. A lot of time right after Christmas you can get the Christmas paper really cheap.

Contact paper. It's pretty cheap and waterproof also.

One great idea is to use leftover wallpaper. If you don't have any, you can get rolls of discontinued patterns cheaply at paint stores, home stores, etc. They might even let you have discontinued wallpaper books. The pages are big enough for most drawers.

Another idea is old maps. Some local phone books come with maps of local towns; if you save them every year, the older ones can be recycled for shelf or drawer liner.

Wallpaper. I went to Sherwin Williams and got a roll of wallpaper on sale for $1.99. Enough to do all my kitchen cabinets. If it is prepasted just cut it to fit and wet the back and it glues right down. Odd lots also has wallpaper discounted and also I found some at the local thrift store.

Place mats from the dollar store work great

April 24, 2010 Flag

Has anyone ever tried to line drawers with wrapping paper or wall paper? If so, I'd like to know how well it worked. I have been trying to find suitable drawer liners, but the only ones I found are adhesive or rubberized which are expensive for lining a lot of drawers.

By Zerubabel from Covington, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've never tried this but it sounds beautiful, and I think you'd only have to cut the paper to fit the drawers. The thing I worry about is the paste on the back of the paper. Would the glue attract bugs? I don't even know if they use paste anymore. Good Luck!

I have drawers and cabinets lined for many years with wallpaper. It's great! Easy to wipe up, too. Lay it out, measure, cut, re-roll in opposite direction and lay down - don't glue! I used leftover paper - bought way too much! Enjoy!

I lined my drawers and cabinets in my kitchen about 10 years ago with wallpaper, and it still looks great! Linda :o)

Believe it or not, I used cheap floor tiles from the dollar store to line my kitchen drawers, cabinets, bathroom vanity, dresser drawers, linen closet shelves, etc. I got the no wax oak for my kitchen and bedroom, no wax marbelized for my bathroom and linen closet and when a spill or drip occurs in the bathroom it just wipes up like a charm. I will never use shelving paper, wallpaper or wrapping paper again.

Yes use it all the time. I use gift paper from hobby lobby. They have beautiful colors and patterns.

Yes, it will! Roaches love to eat the glue! That's why I'm looking for an alternative that doesn't involve adhesive products.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsJune 25, 2013
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
Drawer Liner
Uses for Drawer Liner
Opening a Stuck Drawer
Opening a Stuck Drawer
Make Your Own Scented Drawer Liner Paper
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2017 at 10:18:31 PM on 10.0.0.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.