Drawer and Shelf Liner Ideas

Category Helpful Hints
kitchen drawers
There are many products that can be used to line drawers and shelves, in addition to those sold for this purpose. This is a guide about drawer and shelf liner ideas.

If you are looking for an economical, durable way to line your cabinets and drawers, then I would suggest the self-adhesive floor tiles you can purchase at local dollar stores. The material is easily cut with scissors and easy to apply. It also cleans easily with a wet rag when needed. Since it comes in different colors, it is easy to match your decor. The best part is that it lasts for years, but can easily be removed if needed.

By onesoutherngal from MS

Read 4 Comments

I don't know how all the crumbs get into my kitchen drawers. It seems like I'm always taking everything out of the drawers, dumping the crumbs, and wiping them clean - and replacing the liner! Well, one of those great ideas out of nowhere popped into my brain the other day: plastic canvas sheets!

I went to my craft room and got a few pieces of it. Cutting it to size was so easy. Measure, and cut on the convenient line. One sheet wasn't enough, but cutting what I needed to cover the drawer completely was really simple. You can buy it in several different colors, so it looks good. Crumbs fall through the spaces, and the canvas keeps everything off of them.

It's really easy to wash. It's cheap, and it will last forever. You can buy it at any craft store, and a lot of other places like Walmart. You can buy it one sheet at a time, or in packs. No more cutting paper or sticky back paper to size, no more replacing it every little bit.

Read 2 Comments

Use linoleum leftovers to line your sink base cabinet and oven drawer for easier cleanup. You can even use linoleum pieces in cabinets instead of shelf paper so spills can be cleaned up easily.

By Sallyd from Pottsville, PA

Read 2 Comments

Use wax paper to line your kitchen shelves instead of buying expensive shelf liner paper. It's easy and cheap!

By Lisa M.

Read 5 Comments

I put non adhesive shelf liner on shelves, especially in medicine cabinet and cabinets where I store kitchen glasses. This helps keep wooden cabinets from bubbling if items are put in with water on them. Also easy to wipe clean and now that they have the shelf liner that doesn't stick, it's great. I also it put under sink as that is where a leak can happen. This will save cabinet from water damage and since I keep all my household cleaners there, it keeps it clean if they drip.

By Carol from Massachusetts

Read 3 Comments

Scented drawer liner paper keeps your clothes smelling wonderful. Buying it can be expensive and you may not find a fragrance you like, so make your own. This is a guide about how to make your own scented drawer liner paper.

A chest of drawers with clothing in them.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Has anyone ever tried to line drawers with wrapping paper or wall paper? If so, I'd like to know how well it worked. I have been trying to find suitable drawer liners, but the only ones I found are adhesive or rubberized which are expensive for lining a lot of drawers.

By Zerubabel from Covington, KY

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Yes, it will! Roaches love to eat the glue! That's why I'm looking for an alternative that doesn't involve adhesive products.

I paint a lot of old furniture so what I do to spruce up in the inside of the drawers is stain them like this http://tinyurl.com/j7luqa6

What can I use to line dresser drawers, instead of buying expensive drawer liner?

By Maplesugar

Best Answer

You can find inexpensive (read cheap:) shelf liner and contact paper at the dollar stores.

You can also cut up old bed sheets to fit the drawers, or use tea towels. The advantage is that your stored items don't 'slosh' around in the drawer, and you can take the fabric out and run it through the wash when it's got grungy.