Use Wallpaper for Shelf and Drawer Liners

Category Tips
When you find discounted wallpaper ends, you can use the pieces to line drawers and shelves. This is a guide about use wallpaper for shelf and drawer liners.

Look for discontinued wall paper. You can use it for shelf liner.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Top Comment

I had the same idea and thought it was a pretty good one until I learned that many household pests (especially cockroaches) are attracted to the glue and use it as a food source. If you live in the southern US, I would highly suggest re-thinking this one.

The Container Store has non-adhesive shelf & drawer liners but they are expensive. For now, I repurposed some plain white scrapbook paper that I had hanging around already, until I can afford the TCS product or I find a better idea. I think the pretty scrapbook paper is not all that cheap, and it doesn't come in rolls so it's not a good alternative.

I also thought of gift wrap, but it is too thin, IMO.

I buy wallpaper on clearance for about $2.00 a double roll and I use it for shelf paper and drawer liners. You can do a large kitchen and all your dressers with just 1 double roll. Department stores put it in the clearance bin because the leftover rolls are not enough to paper most rooms, so they get stuck with it and practically give it away.

You can use double face tape, staples or tacks to secure it if you need to. (I usually don't) I look for quiet solids or prints, if you look around you can sometimes find the nice heavy vinyl paper, but even the paper rolls are all washable these days. I usually buy it when I find it and put it away until I need it. So next time you see it in the clearance bin pick some up.

By Diane from Rochester Mi

Answers:

Use Clearance Wallpaper for Shelf and Drawer Liners

Great way to spruce up the inside of the cabinets, too. (12/29/2009)

By Allison