Drilling a Hole in a Wine Bottle

Anyone know how to drill a hole in the side of a wine bottle without it cracking. I make glass blocks as well, but I don't think drilling will work as glass is thin.

Carrie from Canada

Answers:

Drilling a Hole in a Wine Bottle

You can use a drill bit for drilling ceramics and glass, put your drill on a slow speed and keep it cool with little bit water to cool the drill bit. It work. My father used to drill holes into bottles to make lamps. I was asked to help him dripping the water onto the drill bit and bottle. (11/19/2007)

By Snazzy

Drilling a Hole in a Wine Bottle

I purchased a 7/16 inch diamond hole saw from Harbor Freight and it worked really well. We used tape on the bottle first and yes it did slip a bit, but once we got the drill bit going it worked good. Try to grind one side down slightly and then begin working the hole saw to the middle and so on. We did about 7 bottles in less than 45 minutes. We tried with a glass drill bit, but it took 1 1/2 hours to do one bottle. (12/02/2008)

By Merry

Drilling a Hole in a Wine Bottle
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄