Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Drying Flowers With Cat Litter

contest winner icon

At this time of year, we have a lot of beautiful flowers blooming. A cheaper way of drying them is to use a cheap cat litter. Make sure you use the plain clay litter. Line a box with paper towels, put a layer of cat litter on the paper towels. Place your roses (or flowers to be dried) on the litter, making sure they aren't touching. Gently add more of the litter to cover the flowers. They should be dry in about 10 days. Shake them gently to remove excess litter. Spray with the cheap super-hold hair spray. It will seal and protect them. It will take along time to use up all the litter and it works better than the expensive silica gel. The results will be beautiful.

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Sandi [390]06/18/2012

What a great tip! I love dried flowers. I get pretty good results by just hanging them upside down, but sometimes they shrivel more than I like.

I will try this. BTW who ever is reading this, the best deal on litter is the Dollar Tree. It's 4.5 lbs. for just a buck. You can't find 18 lbs of litter for anything close to that anywhere.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.