Drying Zucchini

Can you dry Zucchini?

By ChefCarolDes7 from Boston, MA

Drying Zucchini

Yes, you can dry zucchini in a food dehydrator. You can dry anything you like. It's nice if you want to use the slices as snack. Try eggplant, too. They come out of the dehydrator sort of semi-dry, a bit like sun dried tomatoes. Mind you, if you want to dry them to add to stews or soups, they become too soft. So excellent for healthy snacking, not so good for adding to stews etc. Good luck. (08/13/2009)

By Roxanne.sable

Drying Zucchini

No offense to other feedbacks, but we dry most of our food, especially zucchini. We grate them before we dry them, and they are excellent for stews, sauces, etc. Perhaps the difference is in the other feedback they were only partially dried (if soft, not dried completely) which means they'll still need refrigeration. Make sure it's completely dry (brittle), and as long as no bugs get it (I store in glass and hard plastic), they last for years. (08/13/2009)

By Davidicdancer

Drying Zucchini

I just got done drying some my boss gave me (can't turn down stuff from the boss! lol) I just sliced it pretty thin and dried it in my dinky Ronco dehydrator for a day on 135 degrees. My hamster really likes it. (08/13/2009)

By Thursday_Next

RE: Drying Zucchini

Drying Zucchini
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes