Dusting Wood Furniture

Category Furniture
Dusting Wood Furniture
Certain products and techniques can make dusting wood furniture easier. This is a guide about dusting wood furniture.

I don't like using Pledge to dust with. Can I spritz vinegar on my rag, or just plain water? Will it hurt wood furniture?

Best Answer

I've been dusting with a damp sponge (plain water) for decades and I haven't seen any damage yet. Just wring out your sponge real god so that it's damp, not dripping.

Best Answer

I clean homes for a living. A dear friend informed me to use a micro-fiber cloth. Wet it slightly, then wring it out. It works amazing. (As always, test on a hidden area.)

Best Answer

I use to work for a large furniture store on in the showroom. To properly clean and polish the furniture we used a an even misture of lemon juice and olive oil. It doesn't pentrate the furniture like water might. Since all wood surfaces are different, water may work on some but not on others. Furniture polish is never recommended for cleaning wood.

Which do you think is better for dusting furniture? Pledge or Endust?

By Onesummer

I have been using Endust for years and like it as it makes the dust cling to the dust cloth. When I spray the dust cloth, I hold it over the bathtub so I won't get the spray on the floor or the carpet.

I use a micro fiber cloth and about once a month or so I go over my wood with lemon oil and rub it in well.

Does anyone have a recipe for a cleaner for dusting furniture and hardwood floors?

By Tightwade

http://www.ehow  ood-cleaner.html

You can try some of the 'recipes' here. Good luck to you!

Here in California the winds off the desert bring a very fine dust that seems to bind to the surface of wood furniture. These fine particles are mixed with more regular dust so the surface looks like it just needs a regular dusting. Dusting with a Swifter duster removes the top layer of dust, but a film of this fine stuff remains. I have tried the Pledge Multi Surface spray and a soft flannel cloth, but it still requires so much pressure and elbow grease that I fear I am damaging the finish. This is true on both old and very new furniture. One shelf has never been polished or waxed since it left the store so if there is a "wax buildup" it came with the piece from the store. How can I lift this stuff without scratching the finish?