Dyeing a Dog's Fur Safely

pink dog
If you are considering dyeing your dog's fur there are some considerations to keep in mind. This is a guide about dyeing a dog's fur safely.

Can I dye my Yorkie like a poodle?

By Cynthia

Best Answer

If the brand still exists, google Manic Panic and check their site. Their mascot, Daisy the dog, was pink, I think. She looked to be a Dalmatian mix. Their colors are chemical free and if I remember correctly they had dog dyeing tips as well. I can't picture a dyed Yorkie, but to each their own long as if is safe.

It is NOT safe to dye a dog's fur. Remember that the skin is the largest organ on any species and absorbs whatever it contacts. What is non-toxic (sort of) to humans in hair dye is TOXIC to a dog.

There are temporary coloring gels/liquids that are dog-specific and non-toxic to use (following the instructions for that particular product). They can be difficult to apply; talk with your dog grooming expert for advice.

Leave the poor dog alone!

No, no, no! It is never ever safe to dye a dog's hair! Plus it doesn't make any sense!

Appreciate your Yorkie for who he/she is, don't try to make her into something she isn't. Yorkies are Yorkies and poodles are poodles. Never the twain shall meet!