Easy Salisbury Steak

This recipe is called Salisbury Steak, however it is not made with steak, it is made with hamburger. It is so delicious and reasonable to make. The fact I just made it made me think I should be sharing this.

• 1 (10 3/4) can of Golden Mushroom soup.
  • 1 1/2 lb. hamburger
  • 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (saltines)
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1 onion, finely chopped*
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup water (save for later)

*I do not use onion nor pepper in anything I make due to problems, so you can still make it and it is great!

In med bowl, combine hamburger and 1/4 of the mushroom soup. Add the 1/3 cup water to soup left in can, mix and save for later. Add cracker crumbs, pepper and egg. Mix well.

Shape mixture into 6 patties. Depending on how you make them, you may get more then that. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, 350 degrees F in a 13x9 or 12x8 inch baking dish. Skim off fat. Now add the rest of the soup and bake for 10 more minutes.

You may opt to fry on stove (I have only used the oven method). Brown Patties in 1 Tbsp. hot oil, drain. Add soup and water, simmer covered 10-15 minutes.

My husband and I have made extra gravy and used it over rice. We thought it was a really delicious, easy and affordable dinner. Enjoy!

By Darlene from Fairview, PA

Easy Salisbury Steak

I made this for supper tonight and it was very good, plus the bonus is no frying. Next time I will add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of garlic powder and a chopped green pepper to the hamburger mixture. This is the type of recipe each person can play with to suit their own taste. It's always nice to find a new hamburger recipe that is easy, tastes good and has no strange ingredients. Thank you for posting it. (04/23/2009)

By Amuck

Salisbury Steak WIth Egg Noodles
Salisbury Steak Recipes
Slow Cooked Steak
Slowing Cooking a Steak in the Oven
rump steak with yellow plum sauce
Cooking Steak Tips and Tricks
Several steaks on the grill.
Leftover Steak Recipes
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak