Easy Swiss Steak

I am looking for a recipe that I have used many times and now I can't find it. It is for a no browning, easy, oven-baked Swiss steak. I know part of the recipe includes ketchup combined with Worcestershire sauce which you pour over the pieces of round steak in a baking pan. You can add chopped celery, onions and mushrooms. I believe that the recipe also calls for a little red cooking wine. I love this recipe as it's so easy to make and tastes like you slaved for hours. Does this ring a bell with anybody?

Lovethosehounds from Port Charlotte, FL

Easy Swiss Steak

My Swiss steak is in the crock pot: round steak, salt/pepper, can of tomato sauce. I also add mushrooms

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Thicken the sauce with a little flour and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. Yum! (04/13/2006)

By Diana

Easy Swiss Steak

Let me show my ignorance. Is Swiss steak the same thing as cube steak? What I call cube steak is a small thin piece of meat that looks like it has been hammered with a meat mallet.

By austin95mom

Editor's Note: I've always used cube steak or pounded steak to make swiss steak so I'd say Yes, it is the same thing. (04/18/2006)

Swiss Steak
Swiss Steak Recipes
Slow Cooked Steak
Slowing Cooking a Steak in the Oven
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak
Swiss Chard Leaves
Swiss Chard Recipes
Freezing Swiss Chard
Freezing Swiss Chard