Fabric Wreath Craft Projects

A simple, inexpensive way to create a seasonal decoration for your home or someone else's. This guide contains fabric wreath craft projects.

September 17, 2008 Flag

This is a rag wreath and is so simple to make! Take a hanger, leave the hook on, and shape the hanger into a circle. Cut your material into 1x6 inch strips. Simply tie the strips onto the hanger sliding them tightly together as you go.

When you cannot squeeze any more fabric strips onto the hanger you are almost done! Fluff the strips to make the wreath full. For the hook, take a half inch strip of fabric, about 16 inches long and tie one end to the hook and wind the rest around the hook to cover it and fabric glue the end to stay put. Top off with ribbons or any other embellishment you wish and voila!

By Andrea from Radom, IL

Wonderful!

Approximately how many 1x6 strips are needed?

As many as it takes, honestly! Until the wreath is as full as you want it to be.

I taught my 9 year old son how to do this and he made both of his Grandmother's wreaths for Christmas presents, and then one the next year for his teacher. But we used one hoop of a set of embroidery hoops instead of a hanger. And since, I have been always on the lookout for other circular things that can be used for wreath forms. Even old bangle bracelets can be used for mini wreaths that can be ornaments hung on the tree.

Very easy for anyone to make, and use scraps of old material. Wonderful gifts!

January 28, 2008 Flag

I made a yo-yo quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas and had 4 bags of scrap material. I made a fabric wreath using the scraps.

Christmas wreath made from crafting scrap fabric pieces.

November 22, 2005 Flag

Are you looking for a way to tie in the colors in your room? Or do you just need to fill in a blank wall? Want a wreath to match your Christmas decorations? This project doesn't take a super creative person to complete. It's inexpensive, too. Your finished project will look professional and give your room that custom decorator look.

Materials:

Directions:

1. First use the pliers to bend the coat hanger into a round shape. The hook on top will be used to hang the wreath.
  2. Then cut the material into strips 2 inches x 7 inches. You'll need 120 of these.
  3. You can spray starch and press the material before you cut. It makes it a little easier to handle. The finished product will look a little crisper and it will be easier to dust when it is finished.
  4. Next, tightly tie the strips on the hanger. Twist each strip so the ends are pointing in a slightly different direction than the previous strip.
  5. Fluff it a bit, hang it up and you're done!

By Kim D

Outstanding! What a great gift idea!

I JUST SEEN ON HGTV LAST NIGHT WHERE THEY MADE A WREATH LIKE THIS USING THE BAG FROM YOUR DRY CLEANING CUT INTO STRIPS THEN AN ORNAMENT GLUED ONTO IT IN A COUPLE OF PLACES AND PUT A RIBBON IN THE MIDDLE

Nearly thirty-five years ago, when my sister and I first joined Girl Scouts, our troop leader did a wreath project with us using the very same technique. However, we used strips of white garbage bags. After the decorations were tied on securely,( no hot glue guns then I guess!) the wreaths were ready to hang outside on our door. My mother still has the wreaths my sister and I made and displays them at Christmas

December 28, 2009 Flag

To make a Victorian wreath use a straw wreath and cut 4x4 inch pieces of ecru lace (fabric store). It depends on how large the wreath is for the amount of lace.

April 22, 2008 Flag

This wreath is inexpensive to make (I made mine for under $10!) but will be a treasured gift for many years. It can be made to fit any decor, personality, or holiday.

fall fabric wreath

December 12, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about making a mini rag wreath. Rag wreaths are colorful and easy to make. This diminutive version is perfect for a small spot that needs a splash of color.

Making a Mini Rag Wreath

February 3, 2010 Flag

I would like to know if anyone has a pattern for a fabric wreath. It is a ruffled material wreath panel that is sewed and then slides onto a Styrofoam circle form.

You sew the material in a long panel and bunch together to form ruffles on the form, then you can attach a bow. Its pretty and also very country, I had a pattern years ago, but cannot locate now. Thanks.

By Debbie from Christiansburg, VA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Debbie: Sandi here from Yorktown!!

You don't need a pattern. Measure the width of your form (in other words, how wide it is around the form, not the entire circle) then give yourself about 1/2" leaway. If the form is 2" from the inside of the circle to the outside, it will be another 2" in the back, and then there will be the width in the bottom and the top.

Cut your fabric 3 times the circumferance of your entire circle. Sew the tube, thread it on, whip stitch the two ends together and decorate.

Crafts FabricSeptember 27, 2012
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
Fabric Yo Yo
Making Fabric Yo Yos
St. Patrick's Day Wreath
St. Patrick's Day Wreath Ideas
🎄