Fake Fur Craft Ideas

There are many ways that fur can be incorporated into your projects. This page contains fake fur craft ideas.

September 27, 2007 Flag

Can anyone help? I have just been given generous amounts of fur fabric by a friend. So far i have made a large pencil case for my niece but that's all. Apart from making teddy bears with the fabric- has anyone got some creative ideas for what to do with it please?

Many thanks.

Monique from Somerset.UK

i always love to peruse flickr for inspiration for things like this!Congratulations on the nice gift of the fur by the way!

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=craft+fur

or

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=fun+fur

veronica

With a strip of fake fur, some Velcro (hoop and loop tape) you can make a cover for your car`s over-the-shoulder seat belt. A friend made one for me. I love it! No more chaffed neck!

WOW! I am so glad I asked, so many wonderful ideas of which, many I will try.

T H A N K~ Y O U ~A L L ~S O~ M U C H!

Monique xx

You could line the inside of a decorated craft box for a kid. Make it a jewelry box. Some one did that on a craft site, and sold it for 175.00 dollars.

July 3, 2012 Flag

I just bought a square of thick fake fur from Walmart and a really long, but wide strip of thin leopard skin themed fake fur. Does anyone one have any ideas for what I can make for myself or my pets? (I have 2 cats and a large Labrador)

By Hannah

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Not sure if you'll have enough material or not - but if you do, you can make a cute capelet out of fake fur. You'll need a lining. I've used Simplicity 3921 to make several out of different types of material including fake fur. I gave some as gifts and they were a huge hit.

Cut the fabric the size of a place mat. Put the mat on the couch, floor, bed, or anywhere. As soon as you cats see one of them they will claim it as there own. You could also line it and put organic catnip inside, or just rub it with catnip. If you line it you could stuff it with foam or poly-fill from an old pillow. You could make the mat the size of a box top and put it inside. Don't make the mat too big. Cats like to curl up in small spaces. You can put the mat inside your cat carrier when going to the vet.

Crafts OtherJuly 5, 2012
Cleaning Mink Fur
Cleaning Mink Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
🎄