Filling a Gouge In a Laminate Countertop

How do I fill in a gouge in a laminate countertop? It is that kind of top that looks like butcherblock, but I am going to do a faux finish over it so the repair doesn't have to be "invisible."

Sylvia from Ridgecrest

Melt a crayon, and use the wax to fill it in. :-) (03/17/2007)

wax would melt from a hot pan or sunlight(wouldn't it?). There is this stuff that we use to fill screw holes in wood, it's called "wood filler". I think there is exterior wood filler that holds up to weathering. If you are going to lacquer it(seal it) it should work well. It depends on what you are using it for I suppose. (03/19/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Filling Cracks in a Laminate Countertop
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
laminate samples
Cloudy White Spots on Laminate Countertop
Man repairing kitchen countertops.
Repairing Bubbles in Formica Countertop