Finding Correct On/Off Switch for Older Singer Magic Steam Press 7

The repair shop unable to get the correct On/Off switch replacement. They ordered the correct switch "P/N 28408400" on line part required, it was not the same one and would not fit/work, repeated two other tries and they also would not work. The switch in my iron is a 4 pronged wire connection and is the original switch. The iron is about 20 years old. Also the repair shop disconnected the all four wires and not sure of wire to switch prong. Help please.

By G. Larson from St Louis, MO

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Time to toss it. At 20 years old, it does not have the safety all irons should. It should switch itself off after 5 minutes of no use. I get brand new irons at goodwill for $5 or less all the time. There is always someone in my family asking to borrow mine and I am much more willing to give it up when I paid very little for it. Just last week I got a brand new one at a garage sale for $2. Couple kept it at the lake cabin, 'in case they need one.'

Home and Garden Repair OtherMay 27, 2011
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:08:27 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.