OtherRepair

Finding Correct On/Off Switch for Older Singer Magic Steam Press 7

Category Other

The repair shop unable to get the correct On/Off switch replacement. They ordered the correct switch "P/N 28408400" on line part required, it was not the same one and would not fit/work, repeated two other tries and they also would not work. The switch in my iron is a 4 pronged wire connection and is the original switch. The iron is about 20 years old. Also the repair shop disconnected the all four wires and not sure of wire to switch prong. Help please.

By G. Larson from St Louis, MO

Answers

Time to toss it. At 20 years old, it does not have the safety all irons should. It should switch itself off after 5 minutes of no use. I get brand new irons at goodwill for $5 or less all the time. There is always someone in my family asking to borrow mine and I am much more willing to give it up when I paid very little for it. Just last week I got a brand new one at a garage sale for $2. Couple kept it at the lake cabin, 'in case they need one.'