Finding Freebies

Category Freebies
Finding Freebies
There are many ways to collect freebies, whether from a website, hotel, manufacturer, or event. This is a guide about finding freebies.

Please don't take free items just because you are too cheap. As a result, items that had been free we now have to pay for. Here are just a few examples.

When you go to McDonalds, you are only supposed to take the ketchup and napkins that you need for that meal. Not enough to take home to last for the next month. Our McDonalds now gives 2 ketchup per person for free. Beyond that you have to buy them, even if you need more for that meal.

Our local hardware and paint store now charges for paint sample chips, stirrers and paint can openers. The reason is people were taking all the paint chips to use for crafts, stirrers to use for other projects and same with the paint can openers. Used to be if you bought a can of paint, those items were free.

Last week, I watched a lady at the bank take the bowl of suckers meant for kids, and dump the contents into her purse. I used to own my own store, and people would take the toilet paper out of the restrooms for home use. All this does is raise the prices for others. And, it's rude.

My best frugal tip is to order as many freebies you can get. I visit free sample sites and get make-up, shampoo/conditioner, lotions/perfumes, tons of tea samples, feminine hygiene, baby products, etc. I have even received free full size samples with coupons for money off and free offers. This helps me save on not having to buy items at the store.

By Rebecca

Top Comment

I TOTALLY agree! I have received all sorts of things! You can use the trial sizes on trips, or another great idea is to get a cute basket at a thrift store and decorate it up for various occasions, and give as gifts!!

Top Comment

Another great way to get freebies is to have home parties. Some people don't like to host them, but goodness it is WELL WORTH it.

Top Comment

I tried this and found the hassle and time spent not worth the outcome. I don't see how this beats Costco? I am a very hygiene concerned person. I think consistency and top results are worth something.

Top Comment

I tried several free sites and coupon sites and gave up when I was asked to give out so much information. And I'm afraid of getting way too much spam. I also don't like the idea of giving out my mailing address to get free stuff. Those places sell you information.

Top Comment

Many of the expensive cosmetic counters will give you samples of a product if you ask. It's not something you can do regularly (unless you live somewhere with a lot of shopping malls, lol) but for things you might not use a lot it's handy. Samples of eye shadow and facial cream can go a long way if used sparingly. Plus if you do decide to splash out on a product you know it's been tested first. I've bought more than one lipstick or foundation shade that looked great in the store only to find out that it didn't work so well at home.

Christmas is coming and supermarkets are now open with cheaper items and more freebies. Some brands would drop down their prices and sometimes items would come out with bags, mugs or anything for free.

Here's one of the products I bought from the grocery a month ago. A cheese that comes with a cheese keeper and grater, which is indeed very useful. There were three colors available and so far I have collected two of them. It's good to purchase products that comes with something useful with it but never forget to always check the label, especially the expiry date.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh1 found this helpful

When looking for freebies, why not start with free information? Several websites gather all the free samples, coupons, and great offers in one place to save you time looking for your latest bargain. A few have a hidden agenda that makes their operation look a bit shady, but others are legitimate sites that are harmless free fun.

Free Samples

Start Sampling is an interesting site that provides instant links to free samples from a variety of recognizable companies. The samples are for products that have been on the market for years as well as some newer products, and the process is easy. Signing up is harmless as long as you have a good spam filter on your e-mail. Browse through the offers and click on the one that you like. A new window will open linking you directly to the offer, no searching through the company's website or other time consuming tasks.

For the two dozen offers I requested four weeks ago, I have not received one yet. Many said that it would take eight weeks for my free sample to arrive, so I assume they all move that slowly. Every offer requested my address, of course, and my e-mail. Again, install that spam filter on your e-mail program, and you won't notice the congestion.

The beauty of the free samples comes in two parts. Not only will the free sample allow you to try a new product before you buy it, but it also offers completely portable products that can come in handy for travel or overnight bags.

The website also offers a program called Tryer Miles. There are a variety of ways to earn these miles: take a survey, browse samples, offer feedback, and so on. It's a harmless program that accumulates points as you use the site, and the points never expire. The points can be traded in for prizes on a first come first serve basis. The first level is 1,000 points; after all my research and trial requests I have 170 points. It will be a while until I cash out for the free tote bag.

Visit Start Sampling at http://www.startsampling.com

Free Stuff

As basic as its name, the website Hey It's Free lists free items that can be yours with some submitted information. It's a blog with imbedded links to free items, and most of them are free samples like the previous site. How much can we expect for free?

There is no sign-up required for this site, and the free items that are offered have variety. The best part of the site is the jovial blog entries. There's a lot of personality on this site, so it's a pleasant daily read.

For free stuff check out http://www.heyitsfree.net

Birthday Freebies

You can really enjoy the freebies if it's your birthday, that is, if you can visit all the places in one day. While birthday freebies aren't limited to restaurants, they dominate the list. Look through several lists of free birthday treats, and sign up ahead of time in order to receive your birthday vouchers early. If you miss your birthday, you'll have to wait until next year to reap the rewards. Quite a few of the offers are good for a week or so around your birthday, so you won't have to visit all the places on the same day.

When something's free everyone's on board, so the list of birthday freebies can be found on many websites including the previously mentioned Hey It's Free site. Another easily navigable place to find the list is Frugal Coupon Living at http://www.frugalcouponliving.com. With a category listing of giveaways, a coupon bank, and a birthday freebie list, it's a good place to spend some time surfing for free.

It's almost time for fairs again. When you go, be sure to look out for freebies like pencils/pens/keychains/note pads/post-its/sun visors and the like!

Lately I have been frequenting hospitals with my youngest (he has epilepsy, and has done a lot of tests!) Besides making a binder up for all his medical information (in case I need to repeat incidents/dosages of meds), I have seen how much hospitals DISPOSE of things like plastic washing tubs, medical equipment (scalpels, arm wraps, med dosage) and food...

Freebies from Hotels, Restaurants, Etc. Save freebies that you get at hotels/motels, like soaps and shampoos, etc. Also save condiment packages that you get at restaurants. . .

This is a guide about good freebie websites. Some consumers enjoy scouring the internet to find sites that offer free products.

image of hand cursor image over "free stuff" link

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am really into finding samples. I know the usual sites: WalMart, Freebies 4 Mom, FreeGrabber and some Yahoo groups. I am looking for some other really great freebie sites. I am looking for ones that are easy to use and offer great freebies. Any suggestions?

Sarah from Statesville, NC

The best ones I have found are: mmommysavesbig.com and freestufftimes.com - both recommended by a thrifty funner - I also go to twistedbranches.com - freakyfreddies.com and topsavings.com - but the first 2 seem to be the best and most current.

My favorite is Gottadeal.com and startsampling.com they have good samples and sweepstakes posted all the time.

I also suggest startsampling.com

Go to their forums page at top and you will spend ALL DAY going through all that is posted there. I have been a member for many years.

I also suggest startsampling.com

If you are an early riser, justfreestuff.com usually has good freebies and he puts out the list early in the day so the freebies are usually still available. I've also use totallyfreestuff, startsampling and freebiecat.

Where are the best freebies?

Misty from Chesapeake, VA

I like this site----it changes all the time!!

www.dailyfreebies.com

Just visit the freebie forum and see what is out there---you can leave a post, which helps others know if its worth checking out or not.

I love this site

http://www.freeb-forums.com

I like Freaky Freddie's - it's well organized - (After a while you will see that the freebies are the same on the different sites....)

You can find free samples at www.walmart.com. Offers change frequently & there are no strings attached.

I really love this website. They have tons of stuff. Be sure to click on the freebies and coupons links.

www.savingsmania.com

Here's a few I subscribe to"

www.myfree.com

www.justfreestuff.com

www.killerfreebies.com

Although its not technically a freebie site, I always check www.couponcabin.com before buying anything online. www.couponmountain.com is good too.

my favorite site is www.fatwallet.com You can also shop thru them and get cash back

http://freebiefix.com/

Try Angela's Freebies n More on Yahoo Groups. Freebies are sorted out and only real free samples, and promos are listed. No do an offer or anything that will cost you in the long run. Check it out!!

http://finance.  AngelasFreebies/