Browsing: Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus

The Weight Watcher's diet program has been around for decades and undergone a number of changes. Finding information on a specific program you used in the past is possible if a bit of a challenge. This is a guide about finding old Weight Watcher's menus.

A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 14, 2012 Flag

Do I have to stick to a special plan with Weight Watchers? Eat specially prepared foods, etc.

By Tonita P

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been a member of Weight Watchers for over 3 years now and have lost about 75 pounds. I am getting pretty close to my goal weight. For me, it was the most helpful thing.

Points are determined by a calculation using the amount of fat, protein, fiber and carbs in the specific food. Foods that are high in sugar and fat have a higher point value. "Power Foods" such as low fat dairy or whole grains tend to have a lower value. All fresh fruit and most vegetables have a value of 0 points. The system calculates a daily point target based on your current weight and height. You are given weekly points to use as you like, for occasional treats or celebrations. You can also earn more points for activities such as walking, exercise classes, gardening, etc.

Although they have lots of prepackaged snacks and meals, you don't have to buy any of them. They are just there for convenience. They also have recipes and meal plans if you need help deciding what to eat. Members are supposed to weigh in at a weekly meeting. The meetings are great for encouragement and ideas.

Good luck in your weight loss journey. I've never felt healthier and I actually enjoy exercising now. Although it has been a long process for me, it has definitely been worth it.

You do not have to buy special "weight watcher" foods or any sort of supplements. There are recipe suggestions; ways to make things like chocolate cake worth less points, for example.

September 6, 2011 Flag

Is there anyone willing to send me copies of the old Weight Watcher books from the late 80s and early 90s? Do you have any suggestions where I can find these older editions?

By Cindy

My aunt recently passed away and I received a "mystery box" of books. There is a "Quick Start Plus Program" from Weight Watchers in it. I am allergic to the fruit and dairy, so can't use these books. It is from 1988. If you are interested, e-mail me at basyly roberts @ yahoo.ca (no spaces). I live in Canada.

I've had some success searching through the book shelves of thrift shops.

December 15, 2011 Flag

Does anyone have the chart for Weight Watchers Quick Start that you filled out every week? If so, please let me know. Thanks.

By Bonnie

Here is one that was sent to me from another poster here on TFC.

January 27, 2011 Flag

Where can I find the old Weight Watcher diet menu planner?

By Sandy from MI

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJuly 28, 2013
Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:10:26 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.