Finding Replacement Remotes for a Toyota Vehicle

A remote key for a Toyota car.
Replacement remotes for autos can be quite expensive to buy from the manufacturer. This is a guide about finding replacement remotes for a Toyota vehicle.

I have lost my remote to my Toyota, does any one know where I could find another one instead of paying $200.00 plus? I am almost sure it is in my house. I need a detector.

From my research, a detector can be made, but you have to have a technical background. I know I couldn't do it.

Hopefully you have another set of keys you can use in the meantime.

There is a product called the KeyRinger, which attaches to your keys. I would get one for the remaining set, and order another one when the other one turns up, which I'm sure it will.

The 2012 remotes are insanely expensive. If you want to post the make and model someone might be able to track down an exact solution for you.

It's not too hard to get a key fob for most vehicles pre-2008 and reprogram therm yourself. It's certainly worth the headache to figure it out considering how much dealers charge. You can get them on eBay by searching for your year, make, and model and and the search "key fob". Most, if not all, will come with detailed instructions for programming the device.

We saved a lot of money by doing this for our 2004 Sienna, but have not yet had to do that for our newer Toyotas.

Knowing how much these things cost, whenever I buy a used car, my last demand before signing papers is two keys and new floor mats. I bought a Mazda one time that only came with one key and regretted it for as long as I had the car.

Toyota ?? 2012:

My neighbor found a generic remote (Amazon or eBay) for his Nissan and instructions came with it. Not sure about model of Toyota you have but why not check out "generic remote for 2012Toyota ??" on Google..

Check your local salvage yards. They deal in more than just wrecks.