Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

I realized too late that I added too much evaporated milk to my fudge (after it didn't set and I reread the recipe and saw 5 oz. not 15 oz. ). I boiled and added the fluff and put it in the pan to set and it has not set after 24 hours. Now what do I do?

By Bobbie from Dearborn, MI

Answers:

Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

I'm not sure it can be fixed. I think I would start over and maybe use the first batch as cake or ice cream topping. (11/28/2009)

By mamie11152

Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

Reheat it to a boil and then add powdered sugar, also known as confectioner's sugar a little at a time constantly stirring. I used my hand mixer because I was stirring so much my arm was getting tired. It turned out fantastic. I was making peanut butter fudge; 6lbs of it and there was no way I was going to toss it! Good luck and Merry Christmas! (12/20/2009)

By betty1730

Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

I made a batch of chocolate fudge late at night that did not set. After checking for suggestions on how to fix it (I actually knew what I had done wrong, did not let butter/sugar,etc. mixture boil long enough plus, I believe a good pot makes a difference as well) I decided to try cooking the fudge longer and add in confectioner's sugar.

This was not part of the suggestions, but I also added approx. 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into the mixture as soon as I started reheating it. After the fudge started to boil, I added in approx. 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, mixing it thoroughly, while stirring constantly. After several minutes, it had reached the soft ball stage and probably a little beyond. I don't have a candy thermometer, but after a bit, I could tell from the shine and the way the fudge looked as I stirred it, that it was ready to pour into a pan. Based on my experience, 1/3 to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar should be enough to help set a normal batch of fudge. Adding too much will make it too hard. So don't throw that fudge away; try the confectioner's sugar fix! (01/20/2010)

By charlaew

Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
Jam That Didn't Set
Uses for Jam That Didn't Set
🎄
🍂