Fudge is Too Soft

Can I use the reheat method if I used the condensed milk and marshmallow cream to fix my fudge that is not setting firm enough. It isn't holding shape. I made two trays and hate to throw away.

By Tammy from Republic, WA

Answers

Best Answer

You can melt it and then stir in some powdered sugar.
Or, you can melt it and stir in some additional hard chocolate.
Or, call it "spoon fudge" and serve it by the spoonful instead of cutting it in squares.
Or, melt it and use as a hot fudge topping on cake or ice cream.

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

I made baked fudge with cocoa, flour, sugar, eggs, and a little vanilla. I doubled the recipe and all ingredients. I then baked it in the oven sitting in a pan of hot water at 325 for 45 mins. It was super runny like still moving in the pan when I took it out of the oven.

It was crusty on top, like the recipe stated it would be. I let it sit over night, in the fridge. But it's still runny with a little water appearing. Can I fix this somehow?

Answers

Best Answer

I have never had luck fixing fudge. I find it best to use it's is as a spread or syrup (heat it and let it get runny). You risk totally ruining it if you try. At least this way you get a yummy dip/treat!

Answer this Question

My fudge is too soft. How can I make ice cream topping?

Thanks.

Answers

Put it in a sauce pan on a very low heat with a little cream or milk stirred in. Or if you have a double boiler, that works too. Just add small amounts and stir until you get it the consistency you like. For an over 21 treat, I have also used liquor like Bailey Irish cream vs the milk or coffee. Yum!!!!

Thin it out with a little milk or cream.

The best way I have found out is cooking it on the stove. You can add your ingredients to a pan and cook it on a very low heat on your stove. This should work for you.

Answer this Question

My fudge is too soft when I take it out of the refrigerator. Is it that I have used condensed milk instead of evaporated?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 5, 2017
😷
🍂
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fudge-is-Too-Soft.html