Semi Hard Cooked Fudge?

I used 1 stick salted butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa, 2 cups sugar and a can of evaporated milk. I accidentally poured 12 oz evaporated milk in instead of 5 oz as called for. It was cooked long enough according to candy thermometer but not setting up properly. Can I fix it?

Try adding more of the other ingredients proportionally to the extra milk you used and re-cook the whole batch. That should thicken it all to the right consistency. Now you know why professional cooks pre-measure out all ingredients first into separate bowls/dishes.... fewer mistakes. Good luck.

I have never had luck fixing it once it is cooked. It can still be used for dipping, pour it over ice cream, use it to make chocolate milk drinks, or (if you are like me) just eat it from the spoon.

Sorry for the challenge!!

You will have to add enough of the other ingredients. You cannot remove the liquid you already added.

Usually adding more ingredients does not work very well when you have this much added liquid.

I would say to use what you have in drinks like milk or coffee or try just adding more milk to the fixture and chill or heat and enjoy!
Make a new successful batch by starting from scratch.

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyDecember 31, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Semi-Hard-Cooked-Fudge.html