Store FinderConsumer Advice

Free Vet Clinic Near Albany or Saratoga New York

Category Store Finder

I have a elderly neighbor with disabilities who has a cat. I just realized today that this cat really needs to be seen by a vet. It's eyes are all red as if they are infected. This woman is on a very small income and can not pay, so I was hoping I could find a free clinic for her. I am going to help her with food for the cat, but I can not pay a vet bill either. I can bring her with the cat to where ever it can get help in the Capital District, Albany, Troy, Saratoga, or Schenectady. I just want to help her. This cat is all she has. Can you tell me if there is any place willing to help her? Thank you.

By Angel

Have you looked to see if there is an SPCA office locally? Sometimes they provide low or no cost vet care, based on income. I am not sure about the Humane Society, if they do the same. I would look in the Yellow Pages, and see what is closer.

The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) has a policy that allows affiliated Vets to treat animals and waive the cost. They do this on a case by case basis; and Im sure it is up to the local veterinary as to how and when it is done. You can find AAHA affiliated Vets online. It may be worth a few phone calls. Also, Valley Vet Supply sells opthalmic ointment that can be very effective against common infections. You can find them online also. Sometimes local animal shelters (ASPCA and Humane society) will do some grooming and treatment for elderly pet owners at low cost. It might be worth a phone call there too. Good luck with the kitty.

A stray cat wandered into my yard ive been feeding this cat for about a week now and its dound its new home.im very concerned about this cat I think it might have gotten in to a trap both of its legs are laserated I smell infection bad.I have a few animals of my own already so I cant afford to take this poor cat to the vet ive called everywhere to see if I can do a payment plan to save this cat.I havent found anyone who will see him without a ton of money.it breaks my heart to see this cat like this.is there any suggestions before it's too late to save this poor cat.

Call your local humane society or animal shelter. They can often re comment a vet who will help at little or no cost. Some even have vets on their staff to help treat the animals. I have even tried calling vets listed in the phone book. Some will help with low income customers. Good Luck.