Free Vet Clinic Near Albany or Saratoga New York

I have a elderly neighbor with disabilities who has a cat. I just realized today that this cat really needs to be seen by a vet. It's eyes are all red as if they are infected. This woman is on a very small income and can not pay, so I was hoping I could find a free clinic for her. I am going to help her with food for the cat, but I can not pay a vet bill either. I can bring her with the cat to where ever it can get help in the Capital District, Albany, Troy, Saratoga, or Schenectady. I just want to help her. This cat is all she has. Can you tell me if there is any place willing to help her? Thank you.

By Angel

Have you looked to see if there is an SPCA office locally? Sometimes they provide low or no cost vet care, based on income. I am not sure about the Humane Society, if they do the same. I would look in the Yellow Pages, and see what is closer.

The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) has a policy that allows affiliated Vets to treat animals and waive the cost. They do this on a case by case basis; and Im sure it is up to the local veterinary as to how and when it is done. You can find AAHA affiliated Vets online. It may be worth a few phone calls. Also, Valley Vet Supply sells opthalmic ointment that can be very effective against common infections. You can find them online also. Sometimes local animal shelters (ASPCA and Humane society) will do some grooming and treatment for elderly pet owners at low cost. It might be worth a phone call there too. Good luck with the kitty.

Call your local humane society or animal shelter. They can often re comment a vet who will help at little or no cost. Some even have vets on their staff to help treat the animals. I have even tried calling vets listed in the phone book. Some will help with low income customers. Good Luck.

Consumer Advice Store FinderJune 3, 2011
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
New York, New York
New York, NY Frugal Travel Guide