Freezing Celery

I got a bargain on celery today. Can I freeze it? I will only be using it in casserols and cooked foods. Also, how can I give it a long refrigerator life? I don't use it often.

Thanks for any help.
Annette from Maine

Answers:
Freezing Celery 11/30/2005
Yes, you can freeze celery. Wash and dry it very well, then slice or dice it as you would for your cooked recipe. Spread the diced celery on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Transfer to a freezer bag or other container for storage.

Also, if you want to keep some fresh in the fridge, wrap it in aluminum foil. It will keep several weeks like that.

By LanaAnn
Freezing Celery 12/01/2005
Annette, I freeze celery . I just stick the bag it comes in , inside a couple bread sacks to protect from freezer burn, and put it in the freezer. Then I just break off how much I need , chop or dice, when I need it. I can't tell the difference in the cooked recipes. It would not however, be crunchy like it is when it is fresh. Carol
By lorac456
Freezing Celery 12/01/2005
Be sure to lay your celery on a cookie sheet or plate to freeze first, like LanaAnn says, or you'll have to chisel it off of the ball that it'll be in if you toss it all in a baggie before freezing it, like I did. I'll be much easier the other way. It's hard to chisel the correct amount you need. Much easier to reach in or pour out how much you need.
By badwater
Freezing Celery 12/01/2005
I watched martha stewart on TV once. She said if you wrap the celery completely in foil it will last 3 weeks in your refrigerator. i tried this and it really works.
By debbie (Guest Post)
Freezing Celery 01/04/2006
As with freezing a lot of things, the texture will change. I suppose would be okay for cooked recipes though.
I always wrap my fresh celery in foil. I found that to work very, very well.

If you have fresh celery that has already become limp, cut the root end off and sitck all the stocks into a container of water and place in the fridge. The stalks will drink the water up and be rejuventated.
By Izzyflip

Freezing Celery
Freezing Celery
Limp Celery
Reviving Limp Celery
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Celery new growth
Growing Celery
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎄