Freezing Cheese Sauce and Dip

Category Sauces
Try freezing, when looking for ways to store extra cheese sauce or dip. This is a guide about freezing cheese sauce or dip.

I decided to try freezing Rotel tomato Velveta cheese dip. It freezes well.

By Joanie from Spring Branch, TX

How long can it freeze for?

I had a gallon of milk and lots of cheese and I was going on vacation and I didn't want to throw them away. I made a large batch of cheese sauce and I wanted to know if I could freeze it and if so for how long?

By Fran I.

With the holidays coming up, I'd like to know if its possible to freeze homemade hummus and blue cheese dips. They are so convenient if guests drop by and it would be a life saver if I have containers ready to just whip out of the freezer! Does anyone have any experience if they were successful after they thawed out?

Cettina from Malta, Europe

Hummus, yes, but if the BC dip has a mayo base mayo doesn't freeze well. Make it from sour cream or yogurt and your OK to freeze.

Hummus freezes amazingly. Homemade, store-bought, any kind of bean, doesn't matter. I usually make a triple batch or more and stick the extra in the freezer. I do suggest you line your freezer dish with plastic wrap before adding the dip to cut down on the chance the scent will permeate your freezer. I put mine in ziptop bags and just double bag them.

I have no idea about the bleu cheese dip. Maybe just try a small batch? Freeze over night and then thaw to see how it works?

Sorry I couldn't be more help!