Freezing Cooked Pasta

Can you freeze cooked pasta? What is the best way to do it? I'd like to cook some meals for a friends whose daughter just passed. Thanks!

Debbie from Waterford, MI

Freezing Cooked Pasta

I freeze pasta all the time. Just place cooked pasta in freezer bags and freeze. When needed, open bag and place very hot tap water in bag and also place bag upright in a pot and add hot water. I am the only one in my family who eats pasta, so I cook up a pound and then place serving amounts in each bag. (02/22/2007)

By lorriehoney

Freezing Cooked Pasta

I do the same but I let mine thaw out. I usually put 1/2 - 1 cup in a small ziploc bag and then put those on a large ziplock so I can thaw what I need.

I don't freeze pasta in soup, gets mushy. But I will make the soup, cook pasta separately and then bag it as I stated above. Put the soup and pasta in the same bag so you know you have a complete meal.

I also have frozen cooked spaghetti and it is fine.

An idea is to make the food, freeze it and then cook it and it will taste better than cooked, frozen, and then heated again. (02/22/2007)

Freezing Cooked Pasta

Hi, I freeze pasta. It works fine. I cook up the whole box of pasta, then freeze in serving size portions. I heat it in the microwave with the sauce on it. It is great for quick meals. Loretta (02/22/2007)

By lorettab

Freezing Cooked Pasta

Cooked pasta freezes well. Spaghetti, lasagna, etc. Just put in ziplock bags, these are nice because you can lay them flat in the freezer and stack them. You can also freeze in casserole dishes. Make sure they are the kind that can go from freezer to oven or microwave, the kind like Corel or Pyrex. (02/22/2007)

Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Cooked Ham
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 15, 2016 at 7:26:23 PM on in 997 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.