Freezing Orange Juice

Freezing orange juice is a good way to preserve either freshly squeezed juice or excess cartons you got on sale at the market. This is a guide about freezing orange juice.

Can orange juice be frozen? I recently read that cartons of milk can be frozen, so I got to wondering what else can be frozen?

Sandy from Stoughon, WI

Best Answer

I have frozen juice in cartons for years. Just make sure it is totally defrosted before drinking, and shake it before opening.

My sis has seven kids. When she goes shopping. She buys as much as possible especially if it is on sale. She freezes juice all the time. Thaw in fridge. Shake well before using just as you would anyway.

Sure. Orange juice concentrate is basically frozen orange juice with much of the water removed, so freezing OJ is fine. We often make orange ice by freezing juices, including OJ (you can also put in pieces of fruit). The only issue is that you have to wait until the entire container melts before drinking it. If you drink it while much of it is still frozen, you'll get too much of the orange and the remaining liquid will be too watery when melted. In other words, the liquid from early melting will have too much orange flavor while the ice that melts last will taste like diluted juice (mostly water).

BTW, you can make great slushies by pouring half-melted OJ in a blender and adding fruit.

I need juice cartons to freeze orange juice. Is it possible to let me know were I can go? Thank you.

By Becky

I would just use soda bottles. Clean them out real good with hot water, fill them 2/3 with orange juice and put them on an angle in the freezer to freeze. When you're ready to drink one let it thaw most of the way, give it a good shake to remix it and get pulp distributed thru the juice and drink away.

How long can you keep orange juice you have frozen in a bottle?

By Anita