Freezing Orange Juice In Carton?

Can orange juice be frozen? I recently read that cartons of milk can be frozen, so I got to wondering what else can be frozen?

Sandy from Stoughon, WI

By grandma. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have frozen juice in cartons for years. Just make sure it is totally defrosted before drinking, and shake it before opening.

Anonymous

Hi this is Bruce in Lake City Fl and I squeeze fresh juice from our orange and tangerine trees and then freeze it in a Tupperware container. When it is frozen, I pop out the block of juice and vacuum seal it. Two or more years and it is still in great shape. I has to be sealed without any air getting to it. We vacuum seal and freeze everything here and it lasts a long time whatever it is.

By blt (Guest Post)

My sis has seven kids. When she goes shopping. She buys as much as possible especially if it is on sale.

She freezes juice all the time. Thaw in fridge. Shake well before using just as you would anyway.

Sure. Orange juice concentrate is basically frozen orange juice with much of the water removed, so freezing OJ is fine. We often make orange ice by freezing juices, including OJ (you can also put in pieces of fruit). The only issue is that you have to wait until the entire container melts before drinking it. If you drink it while much of it is still frozen, you'll get too much of the orange and the remaining liquid will be too watery when melted. In other words, the liquid from early melting will have too much orange flavor while the ice that melts last will taste like diluted juice (mostly water).

BTW, you can make great slushies by pouring half-melted OJ in a blender and adding fruit.

Food and Recipes FreezingSeptember 24, 2008
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf69058601.tip.html