Freezing Pancakes

Category Baked Goods
A tack of pancakes ready for freezing.
It can be convenient to have pancakes in the freezer for a quick breakfast food. This guide is about freezing pancakes.

When I make a batch of pancakes or French toast, I double the recipe. I use the second batch to cook up, then cool them. I put the pancakes separately between squares of wax paper, stack them, and store them in a covered tupperware container and put in the freezer.

They can then be used on a busy morning by putting a few of them them into the microwave to heat. Even blueberry or apple pancakes taste wonderful. These can also be used for a snack or a quick dinner when schedules are tight. It is much less expensive than buying the ready-made in the frozen section of your supermarket!

Sometimes I get a hankering for pancakes but I am carb restricted (and somewhat lazy, ha). I'm definitely way too cheap to buy those pre-made store brand pancakes in the freezer section, so, over the weekend, I made pancakes for the family, including extras. I let them cool and froze them, placing them into a large resealable plastic bag.

Now I can remove just one pancake and have it by popping it into the toaster any morning. One 4 inch pancake equals 15 grams of carbs! So I stay within my dietary carb. limits and can enjoy a pancake with an egg any morning I like!