Homemade Banana Pancakes

Category Breakfast
Banana pancakes are simple to make and delicious. You don't even need to add sugar or syrup to these sweet tasty cakes. This is a page about homemade banana pancakes.

If you really want to bring out the flavour of bananas in your homemade banana pancakes, my suggestion is using very few ingredients. These pancakes just use one banana, one egg, two tablespoons of quick oats, and a bit of baking powder (if you like them fluffy like I do). These pancakes are super moist and velvety. I hope you try these out!

Prep Time: 4 minutes

Cook Time: 6 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 4 small pancakes

• 1 large ripe banana
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp quick oats
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder

1. Chop off a small bit of the banana to slice up as a topping later. Add the rest of the banana and other ingredients to a food processor or blender.
  2. Puree everything until smooth.
  3. Grease a griddle with cooking oil over medium heat. Drop a couple tablespoons of the batter to make small pancakes. There should be about 4 pancakes worth.
  4. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip over and cook a few more minutes until golden. Serve with remaining banana slices and syrup or powdered sugar. I think they are sweetened nicely on their own and just use a tiny drizzle of agave.

These banana pancakes are so full of flavor and are super easy to make.

• prepared pancake batter (I used Aunt Jemima)
  • 3-4 overripe bananas
  • butter or non-stick spray

1. Prepare your favorite pancake recipe according to the instructions.
  2. Cut bananas into small pieces and add to the batter. Stir to combine.
  3. Heat a heavy frying pan over MED/LOW heat. Coat the pan with melted butter or non-stick spray.
  4. Pour batter into the pan and cook until top is bubbly and edges are dry in appearance.
  5. Flip the pancake over and cook until golden brown. Adjust the heat as necessary if pancakes are browning too fast.
  6. I like to have the oven on at 200 degrees F so that I can place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet to keep them warm.

I am always looking for uses for over ripe bananas and couldn't believe how great this one is! Instead of making carb/calorie heavy banana bread turn your overripe bananas into pancakes!

Pancakes in dish

Videos

Banana pancakes are a delicious treat. Making them is super easy, learn how in this short video.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastDecember 3, 2016
🎃