Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
Chocolate is a delicious accompaniment to the flavor of bananas in these kid friendly pancakes. This is a page about chocolate chip banana pancakes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My kids said they'd died and gone to heaven. :)
Total Time: About 15 minutes prep
Yield: 18 fat pancakes, and this recipe easily halved
Source: Modified from a recipe found on food.com
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp raw cane sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2-4 bananas (I used 2 this time because that's all I had)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag (9oz) chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 cups)
- grape seed oil (olive oil would work)
- Add your flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix well.
- Mash your bananas with an electric hand mixer.
- Add your milk, egg and vanilla to this and mix well. Add this to your bowl of dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Cook your pancakes on a well oiled skillet until bubbles appear.
- Flip and cook another couple minutes.
- Look at those chocolate chips!
- Add butter and syrup and enjoy!
September 14, 20150 found this helpful