Freezing Pie Filling

Making pie filling in advance is a time saver and also a way to preserve fresh fruit for out of season pies. This is a guide about freezing pie filling.

June 3, 2004 Flag

I take the fruit I grow and prepare pie filling as if I was going to bake a pie and then freeze it in a freezer bag. I put a pies worth of filling in a freezer bag so that I can quickly put together a pie when I am ready to do some baking.

By Jan

The Farm Journal PIe Cookbook has this idea: Line a pie pan with freezer wrap and place the prepared fruit pie filling, made with tapioca, in the pan. After the filling is frozen, lift it out of the pan and wrap securely. When ready to use, unwrap, place in pie shell, dot with butter and put on top crust. Bake as usual but just for 5-10 minutes longer. Very quick pie with very little work.

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesFebruary 19, 2013
A photo of an apple pie.
Recipes Using Canned Pie Filling
blueberry crisp
Recipes Using Blueberry Pie Filling
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
🎉
🎄